SBS Mag

Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 PM View Post #1 (Link) "damaged minds"
gabby9801 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 4
I'm giving you pieces of me,
with every look, every gesture, every smile
they're all pieces of me!
Something as simple as a "hello" takes soo much energy at times you don't even know!
I keep playing the same scenarios over and over in my mind,
wondering to myself "Why'd I waste so much damn time?"

The time I wasted on people who never loved me back,
time I wasted on situations that were beneficial to everyone except the person that should've been benefited....ME!
"Why didn't I love myself enough to know when to let go? Why didn't I care for myself enough to know how to say no?!"
I beat myself up about it time and time again, wondering "who can I really call a friend?"

I know everyone has a life that does NOT revolve around me, but at times I can't help but think to myself like "damn have they forgotten about me?"
"People constantly tell me "I'm here if you need me if you wanna talk let's talk"
I call BULLSHIT to all of that cause I had to learn at an early age that in this world nobodyreally cares for you the way you do, nobody stunts for you, defends you, brags about you, and uplifts you the way you're going to!

Nobody's gonna see your dreams the way that you do, it's YOUR vision, YOUR sound, YOUR aspiration; nobody's gonna grind for it the way that you do! In this day and age you have to be your own muse, can't rely on anybody for something even you can't use!
But what do you do when the muse is broken, the hope is lost, the faith is gone; you can't see past your own battles the internal demons have won.

I keep switching the tense in which I'm speaking so I don't seem so vain; so that it feels like that even for a second someone else knows my pain.
"Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice," but you don't know suffering until you no longer have a voice! I've lost the voice I once had, the courage behind it went away like a short fad.
It's like I'm swimming through cement to try to find it, but I can't get it back.

I dread telling people what really goes thru my mind; I mean does anyone really have THAT kind of time?
I appreciate those who have tried, but in order for me to beat this I have to try harder,
fight more, and do better.
My ears can't be the only ones that hear, my heart can't be the only one that bleeds,
my shoulders are soaked from giving you somewhere to lean, somewhere to rest, cry, and regain your sanity, but where do I lay?!
Who do I rely on?!
The support system sometimes needs support too!
But why support me when it's easier supporting you?
I shed my pride, dignity, and self-worth just to please people who lie, cheat, and abandoned me.

They don't realize the pain they've caused or the damage they've done;
it's all fun and games until the rabbit has the gun!
Now I sit and I think and I critique who I am and I'm meant to be
All because of you, you got inside my mind and you helped damaged me!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:38 PM View Post #2 (Link) Critiques
Miss.Tea (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 1
Wow. This is very deep and really got to me. I like your poetry style. Just one thing you should experiment your poetry options. Like use all different kinds of poetry. Good Job I liked this a lot