Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 AM View Post #1 (Link) Soul (Part one)
DreamCatcher (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 2
This is a screenplay, essentially a play, but for directors to look at to make into a movie.

FADE IN

SCENE 1

EXT. AND INT. GILBERT, ARIZONA MALL-DAY TO NIGHT

(The year is 2402 in Gilbert, Arizona. The sun is high in the sky and the area is now surrounded by woods due to a strange climate change. A Teenage girl at the age of 15 walks on a pale sidewalk by the side of the road with another girl. The young girl has Straight Dark Brown colored hair that goes down to her Mid-back and Aqua eyes that reflect the area around her. She is wearing a White Button-down with her sleeves rolled up and Dark Blue shorts that go to her mid-thigh along with a pair of Black Boots.)

(The girl walking beside her is wearing a Black Band T-shirt with torn sleeves, the edges worn and a more faded black than the rest of the shirt, a Logo spread in the middle with Splattered paint of different colors across it. Her eyes are a dark green and she carries a medium-sized black bag over her shoulder. The girl’s hair is a Short Wavy Blonde with Straight Black Extensions coming down from the back of her head. They walk by a row of similar looking Suburban houses. The Blonde girl exchanges a short glanced look at the girl next to her.)

MARIA
Hey Chica, you sure you’re okay with skipping school to hang out?

DANNI
We haven’t seen each other in a year and this is the first chance we’ve had to hang out, I’m not passing that up for school!

(Walks faster.)

C’mon, you said we need to hurry.

MARIA
Right. Right.

(Lazily strolls behind DANNI.)

DANNI
Well, you wanted this Band to sign your shirt right? They’re only there for another hour!

(Looks back at Maria, disappointed.)

MARIA
You seem way more excited about this than I am considering this isn’t even your favorite band.

(Shrugs and passes Danni as they near a Strip Mall.)

DANNI
I’m just excited to see you!

MARIA
Yeah...Whatever.

(They walk into the mall and past a few clothing stores that are more mainstream for their generation. Soon they approach a darker colored store, gothic-punk in appearance. The doorway is an arch and inside where the regular merchandise is instead there is a table with four people standing at it. One of the two in the middle has a Purple colored Mohawk and is wearing a loose Black colored Tank Top; he has Black Skinny Jeans on and a pair of Multi-colored High Tops.

(The man to his left has Shaggy Dark Brown hair that ends mid-neck in the back but mid-forehead in the front. He is also wearing a dark colored Jean Jacket overtop of a T-shirt for their Band, he has on a pair of Jeans and is wearing a pair of Black Combat Boots. On the other side of the man with the Mohawk is a Male with Black Hair which falls in his eyes and stops at the beginning of his shoulders, he’s wearing a Black T-Shirt covered in Rainbows and Kittens riding Robot Unicorns; He has Black Skinny Jeans and Black Converse on.)

(On the far right is a Girl with Straight Blonde Hair to her mid-shoulders, she is wearing a Red Top with a Black logo spread across her chest. She is also wearing a pair of Red Converse and Gray Skinny Jeans. They are crowded by a group who are talking excitedly as the Band signs the Fan’s shirts and talk to them, giving a few hugs. Danni smiles at her friend and they both walk in to stand in the group of people.)

(Maria can not help but smile; she is seeing one of her favorite Bands in person. Danni can’t stand still as it’s their turn to get autographs. Maria goes first to the Female on the right and she asks her what she wants signed. She pulls out a photograph of the Band and takes off her shirt, revealing a white camisole underneath. The girl writes down a small paragraph and “ASH” on both which is short for “ASHLEY”, then gives her a hug.)

(She goes to the next guy who signs his name “ZACHARY” the next one signs it as “BRANDON”. The last guy smiles and signs his name “JACK” in the Upper Corner along with a small inspirational note, then signs her shirt, he kisses her cheek. Maria’s eyes start to form tears and a reddish color appears along her cheeks and her eyes get a little red. Danni is standing off to the side, looking at Maria. Maria puts her shirt back on over her camisole and wipes the forming tears. She squeals slightly and goes over to Danni, hugging her.)

MARIA
I can’t believe I seriously got to meet them! And Jack kissed my cheek! Oh. My. God. I love him! He’s gorgeous! I just…I seriously can’t believe this.

(Tears up again and sobs a little, hiding her face in her hands.)

They’re my heroes. They inspire me so much and I got to meet them…

DANNI
Oh, don’t get all silly and emotional on me now. Let’s wait until everyone’s gone and try to get Jack’s number.

(Nudges Maria with her elbow as she speaks and when she finishes Maria looks up from her hands. Danni winks at her and Maria laughs a little.)

MARIA
Alright, let’s do it.

(They stand at the edge of the crowd as the hour goes by, people disappear then more arrive. They begin to look at the back room where all the merchandise has been moved. The two begin looking for something to buy, Maria finds a pair of Skinny Jeans and the same T-Shirt JACK has while Danni finds a Dark Gray Jacket. They hold onto them and go near the cashier where a bald man with many piercings stands. He holds out his hand.)

CASHIER
Didn’t think anyone would buy today…

MARIA
Well, no duh! We needed something to do though.

(The Cashier shrugs and rings them up, giving them their purchases in a bag. They both return to the table for the Band which now has about ten people around it, less than before. Slowly, the people disperse and it’s just the Band, Cashier, and the two of them. They walk up to the table and look at each other before looking at the Band.)

MARIA
I thought you guys would’ve had a huge crowd!

DANNI
Oh, but we live in such a small place that...it’s to be expected.

MARIA
But people should have driven here even. Don’t you guys agree?

(A few mutters are made among the Band members and Jack smiles.)

JACK
We don’t really care as long as we can make fans happy.

ASHLEY
But it’s pretty awesome that you guys stayed since you arrived, pretty determined fans, huh?

DANNI
I’m just a determined friend.

(Glances at Maria)

BRANDON
So did you guys want something else?

MARIA
Well, if you don’t have anything important to do, I was hoping we could kinda hang out for a little.

JACK
Ash! That sounds pretty damn good after all that work!

(Ashley rolls her eyes.)

ASHLEY
Alright Jack…

(The group checks the time on a clock hanging up on the wall, only an hour left before the Signings are over, but there appears to be no one else coming. Jack closes the door to the store and grins at the group. They all walk into the back room and take a seat in various types of seats. Maria smiles at Jack and he smiles back, they start into a conversation about music and style of clothing. Danni looks at the three other people who are talking to one another. She pokes the girl Ashley.)

DANNI
When did you guys decide to form this band?

ASHLEY
Oh Yes! I love telling this story!

(She shifts into the seat next to Danni.)

So, basically we were all in high school…I was a girl with a singing voice and a dream, but that was about all I had. I did a lot of Music classes in school, my Junior year I met those two in my classes.

(Gestures to Brandon and ZACHARY.)

We didn’t really talk until the middle of the year when they noticed I was kind of depressed. They did a bunch of stuff to cheer me up. Before I knew it we were the three musketeers. We started to rehearse and sing songs together, formed a Band and hung out all the time, then graduated and moved to Los Angeles. That’s when we met Jack…

(Smiles in his direction)

He was a Street Performer. We were surprised he hadn’t been discovered yet. So after a while he joined us. From there, we visited agencies and built up our money to get well known. We’ve all been through a lot together.

DANNI
Wow.

(Danni checks the time and looks over to see Maria flirting with Jack. She’s holding a small piece of paper now and is really enjoying herself. Danni is reluctant, but decides that they should leave. She walks over to Maria and takes her hand, looking at the time. Maria understands and they all say good-bye to each other. Jack gives Maria a good-bye kiss on the cheek.)

(A small T.V. in the room has images of a giant beast attacking a city. Zachary turns up the volume as the T.V. reports another Demon attack that is result of the demonic spread brought about 15 years ago by a massive explosion. The people inside the room exchange nervous glances of fear, then Brandon turns off the T.V. as everyone brushes off what just happened. Danni and Maria leave the store and the mall.)

MARIA
Can you believe it?! He gave me his number—Oh my goodness I think I’m going to faint!

(Squeals and makes a swooning motion.)

I’m so freaking happy!

DANNI
I know! It’s great! And I’m really glad we got to see each other.

(Danni hugs her friend as they near a bus stop.)

It sucks that you have to go…

MARIA
I know girl. It stinks! But, I’ll see you again next week. Okay? We’ll work this out.

(Maria gets on the bus and takes a seat in the front. Danni waves good-bye as the doors close and the bus drives away. She continues to walk down the sidewalk towards her house, which is a few blocks away. She arrives before the sun has set fully and her parent’s cars are not yet in the driveway. She goes inside through her window. It begins to rain.)

SCENE 2
INT. SUBURBAN HOME-NIGHT

(Danni changes into pajama’s and lies down in her bed just as her parents arrive home. It is beginning to storm.)

MOTHER
Danni! Do you want any soup?!

DANNI
(Nasal speech.)
Yeah, mom! I’ll be down in a minute!

(She goes down the stairs as the storm worsens and Danni gets a headache. She walks into the small kitchen, splitting the rug of their family room to change it into to tiles. A small tan colored table and three white chairs sit in the middle, a small window above the sink. The sink is next to the oven, a few cabinets above and the counter colored an eggshell white.)

(Danni takes a seat in the chair closest to the kitchen exit; her father is sitting to her right as her mother pours the soup into bowls.)

MOTHER
Feeling any better, honey?

DANNI
Not really…I just got the worst headache actually…

(Danni winces in pain as her mother sets three bowls of soup on the table; Danni looks out the window and gasps slightly at what appears to be a face lit up by lightening. It is gone a moment later as her mother looks at her worried. Danni sighs and gets some soup on her spoon; she blows on it just as the power goes out.)

(The father groans and stands up out of his chair. Danni is panting and stands as well. She falls over and begins to scream, lightening strikes and lights up the room to reveal a grey aura around her. The mother and father immediately go over to her concerned. Another flash of lightening reveals her growing in size and morphing into something resembling a wolf. The aura now lights up the room slightly, a dim light that doesn’t allow much sight.)

(Danni continues to grow, reaching the ceiling; she screams an inhumane sounding noise. She picks up her parents one by one and devours them in the dimly lit house, a second later she awakes. Her hair is now black and she looks around to see what had happened, unsure of why she’s on the ground. As lightening flashes, she sees a sticky substance covering her.)

(She soon realizes she is in a pool of blood and screams. She runs up to her room in a panicked state and changes her clothes into a dark blue shirt and gray jacket, along with jeans and tennis shoes. She picks up her dark colored backpack and begins to pack her belongings into it.)

DANNI
I…this can’t be happening. They can’t be dead. Who could have…Did I? I…I have to…I’ve gotta get out of here.

(She’s panting as she gathers water and food into her pack as well. She stuffs in a blanket and her favorite book, as well as a diary. Anything she thinks she’ll need. A sound of helicopters is heard and she hurries out the back door into the dark night with no flashlight.)

SCENE 3
EXT. SUBURBAN WOODED AREA-NIGHT TO DAY

(She hurries in the opposite direction of the helicopters and lights.)

DANNI
A demonic soul storm? I didn’t think those still happened…I thought the government fixed that! That people just had late reactions to the souls…

(She nears the end of their surburban area and hides in tall grasses. She crouches down to view helicopters over her house and the government entering it.)

DANNI
They…knew? What’s going on? Why has the government been telling lies?

(She holds her hands out to feel some of the rain and looks around herself.)

This is my first demonic soul storm…the rain’s hot just like mom said. What am I supposed to do now? I think I killed my own parents…But why did I do that? I couldn’t control it…I have to go.

(Sees officers leaving her house and turns towards the woods, running into it as fast as she could. She runs for miles until she finds a few fallen trees with a small crevice. Danni crawls into the crevice, panting. She curls up in a ball and falls asleep.)

(Dawn is just arriving as Danni wakes up, disoriented, she crawls out of the crevice into a silent woods. She sees no signs of any officers and picks up her hidden bag. Danni begins walking through the woods.)

(As she moves, there is a sound of a cracking stick and she stops quickly and looks in the direction as a figure steps out of the brush. It’s a boy who seems to be about two years younger than her, wearing an off-white hoodie with an orange T-shirt sticking out at the edge of the hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. He has dirty blond colored hair that is slightly shaggy, covering the half top of his forehead and messy looking; his eyes are wide with fear.)

DANNI
A-are you okay? What’s your name?

(The boy fidgets and looks wary of Danni, he steps closer to her and whispers.)

ZIN
My name is Zinnero. It’s easier to be called Zin. Are…those men chasing you too?

(Danni gasps and takes the boys hand. She begins to pull him further away from where she lives.)

Danni
(First sentence said to herself.)
They really are chasing me then…?
We have to hurry and hide.

Zin
What’s your name? Where are we going? What do they want…? Can I trust you?

Danni
My name’s Danielle. Danni for short. We’re going to hide somewhere, but I don’t know what they want…You can trust me though.

ZIN
How?

DANNI
I’m just…like you…like…Can’t you tell?

(She looks at him sadly and he furrows his eyebrows. He looks down at his feet.)

ZIN
I believe you. I’m…I’m scared though.

DANNI
I know…We just have to hurry and hide. We’ll be safe then, ‘Kay?

(They run through the woods and come across an empty shack. Danni quietly gestures for ZIN to hide while she opens the door. She walks inside to see a dresser in the left corner and a table in the middle. There are two chairs at the table and sleeping bags lay in the right corner. A light hangs from the ceiling above, but isn’t needed due to two small windows on the left and right walls.)

(A small working sink is on the left wall. Danni gestures for Zin and they both go inside, she closes the door.)

SCENE 4
INT. AND EXT. SHACK-DAY TO NIGHT

DANNI
I think we’ll be safe for now…

ZIN
What’s going on? What happened last night? I thought that no more people could get infected…

DANNI
I don’t know Zin. I want to find out…My parents had a friend in the government, maybe he can help us…I don’t really understand what’s going on either.

ZIN
Had? Isn’t the government the ones after us though?

DANNI
Had…as in my parents are gone now. Yeah, they’re after us, but he’ll help out, he always has.

(Zin looks unsure, but Danni pulls out some candy bars from her backpack.)

DANNI
Here. I’m sure you’re hungry.

(Danni hands Zin a few and he takes them, unwrapping and eating one quickly with a smile on his face. Danni eats a few of her own. There is a knock at the door and Zin drops the candy bar he is eating. Danni looks at Zin and slowly opens the door a little, in front of her stands a young girl about four or five years old and a young woman who looks to be about twenty years old.)

(The child is wearing a light green dress that stops at her knees, one of which is covered by a band-aid; the dress has a few pink flowers around the chest area. The little girl is hugging a small teddy bear close to her, she has white hair that goes down to her waist and she is shaking. The other one stands with her arms crossed; she has dark red hair to her shoulders. She is wearing a flowy, brown, see-through blouse overtop a tan camisole; she has on the same pair of jeans Danni’s friend Maria had been wearing the other day and a pair of brown boots. Danni’s eyes begin to form tears.)

DANNI
Oh god, Maria…and my parents…I’ll never…

ADELINE
If you could open the door? This is our place. Not yours.

(Danni looks at the older girl, who is clearly irritated, and opens the door. A few tears are trailing down Danni’s cheeks. Zin stands behind Danni as the two new girls walk inside. The little girl, MAYA, stands near Zin and ADELINE looks at Danni.)

DANNI
We’re sorry. We didn’t know, we just needed a place to hide because…

ZIN
Because there was a soul storm last night and now our parents are gone and the governments after us and we had to hide!

ADELINE
That’s not my problem. I’m only concerned with protecting my little sister, Maya.

DANNI
Please. We could work together…If there’s any signs of trouble you can just ditch us, but we’ll keep Maya safe too. We were planning to figure out why this happened. You don’t have to go as far as us, but at least let us stay here for a little until we can calm…

ADELINE
My name’s Adeline. Fine. You sound pretty mature for your age so I assume you know what you’re talking about. You have to share your food with us, though.

DANNI
I’m Danni…and he’s Zin.

(Danni nods and Zin gives Maya and Adeline a few Candy Bars. Adeline quickly eats them while Maya eats it slowly with a smile.)

MAYA
Thank you so much! They’re super nice!

ADELINE
Mmm…I guess they’re okay. Maya, I want you to stay in here with Zin while Danni and I go outside to speak for a moment.

(Adeline walks out of the shack and Danni follows her. They both walk out of hearing distance from the shack before Adeline speaks.)

ADELINE
It happened to you last night, so I’m assuming you don’t know much in your current state. Want me to tell you what I know about what’s going on?

(Danni nods and Adeline’s voice grows quiet.)

Alright. Last night you both changed into demons.
DANNI
We…what? That…

ADELINE
I don’t know how half-demons are made, but sometimes the demon can’t control us completely and we become half. We’re an unstable form of demon. When our emotions get too out of hand we begin to take form of what creature our demon represents.

DANNI
Uh…Like what?

ADELINE
Mine for example, is a crow. Now as far as I can remember…the reason we survived is because demons devoured something that stabilized us.

(Danni stares at Adeline in shock.)

DANNI
I…ate…my parents…?

ADELINE
Sorry to say.

(Danni sits on the ground and buries her face in her knees. Small sobs can be heard from her. Some time passes before Danni speaks again, her voice soft.)

DANNI
Oh god…

ADELINE
I know it’s hard to take in.
The government never told anyone about us, but they’re hunting us for sure.

DANNI
It’s harder to think I killed my own parents.

ADELINE
It was the demon.

(She brings her head back up from her knees, her eyes red from crying.)

DANNI
But…

ADELINE
What?

DANNI
I don’t know what to do really…and I’m not sure how to handle what…But, My parents have a government friend… hopefully he’ll want to help me. I could get information…

ADELINE
That’s dangerous!
Do you have any idea what risk that will put everyone in?

DANNI
I didn’t say everyone was going to do it.

ADELINE
Just you, then?

DANNI
If that’s the way it has to be.

(Danni heads back inside the shack and greets Zin and Maya. Zin finishes zipping up Danni’s bag and puts it in a high place where Maya can’t reach it. Maya looks disappointed as Danni laughs lightly. Adeline comes inside a moment later and her little sister hugs her tightly. Adeline looks at Danni.)

ADELINE
I’ll go with you…for Maya.

MAYA
Sissy, what took so long?

ADELINE
We were talking. That’s all.

(Adeline picks up Maya and carries her to a corner where two sleeping bags lay. Zin and Danni watch as Adeline puts Maya in her sleeping bag and tries to get her to sleep.)

ZIN
Where do we sleep, Danni?

DANNI
I have a blanket; we can sleep in the opposite corner together if that’s okay?

ZIN
I’d much rather sleep with someone because I…I mean…I guess. You do need protecting after all.

(Danni smiles at him and pulls her bag down from where he set it. She pulls out the blanket and puts the bag back. Danni spreads out the blanket in the corner closest to her and looks at Zin.)

DANNI
Do you know what time it is?

ZIN
Nuh-uh.

(Danni nods and pulls her backpack down, she pulls out a small cell phone with a touch screen. Adeline begins to explain to Zin what she told Danni now that Maya is asleep. Zin starts to cry as Danni walks outside and holds the phone up in the air, surprised to see that it gets signal. She goes through her contacts. She looks at the horizon, the sun lower in the sky.)

DANNI
Oh, but a call might be tracked…I don’t wanna cause trouble.

(Looking in the screen, she realizes for the first time that her hair has changed to black. Danni gasps and puts her phone away, walking back inside. Zin looks at her curiously, obvious he had been crying. Adeline is eating a cereal bar next to the dresser Danni’s backpack lays on.)

DANNI
Has my hair always been black…?

ADELINE
Since I’ve met you, why?

DANNI
It…was brown before.

ZIN
You dyed it?

ADELINE
Her demon did. It must be pretty strong to do that.

DANNI
That’s…bad isn’t it?

(Adeline shrugs and lies down in her own sleeping bag as the day light fades. Zin looks frightened and gets under the blanket that Danni and he are going to share. She places her cell phone back in her bag and gets under the blanket with Zin. They both close their eyes, but Zin opens his again.)

ZIN
Danni? You awake?

(Danni opens her eyes and looks at him.)

DANNI
Yeah?

ZIN
Can you…talk with me a while then?

DANNI
What about?

ZIN
Stuff you like. Or…life before you changed.

DANNI
I had a few friends…I went to school most of the time—

ZIN
You went to school most of the time?

DANNI
I’d skip on occasion. And my parents were scientists for the government…I like the color blue and cereal bars.

ZIN
Well you shouldn’t have sk—

DANNI
What about you? What was life like?

ZIN
Well…I almost died from one of the old diseases two years ago, before that my parents were really carefree and fun, afterward they became overprotective and stressed out. They divorced and I was left with my mom. We moved a lot and I went to school all everyday.

(Danni looks at Zin with worry. Both of them have their arms out of the covers and Danni takes Zin’s hand, which rests between the two of them, holding it.)

DANNI
That must have been hard for all of you…

ZIN
A little, but it all seems so small compared to now. I mean…my mom’s gone because of…

(Danni pulls Zin closer to her and kisses his cheek. He looks up at her and she wipes away a tear on his cheek.)

DANNI
It’s okay…Don’t think about it, Zin…Don’t think about it.

ZIN
But, it’s…I don’t even know how to handle it…The only person I had left in my life, and I…

(Danni runs the fingers of her free hand through his hair.)

DANNI
It wasn’t your fault. It was…It was whatever’s the cause of us transforming…

ZIN
But…It’s inside me and…she’s…she’s gone.

(Danni keeps close to him and looks in his eyes.)

DANNI
You have us now though…You have me. And…I’ll do anything I can.

(Zin buries his face against her shoulder and sighs.)

ZIN
Thanks, Danni.

(Neither of them speaks after that, Zin settling in Danni’s arms. Soon they both fall asleep.)

(The next morning, Danni wakes up early and notices that Zin is still asleep. She carefully gets out of the blanket and goes over to where Adeline and Maya sleep. Zin sits up and rubs one of his eyes, leaning against the wall behind him.)

ZIN
Danni?

(Danni looks over where Zin is and shakes her head, kicking Adeline with her foot slightly.)

What’re ya doing, Danni…?

DANNI
I’m trying to wake her up, so we can leave.

(Danni kicks Adeline again, harder this time. Adeline sits up quickly and shouts, tackling Danni to the floor. Zin quickly gets up and turns on the light, making Adeline realize Danni isn’t someone trying to attack her. Maya sits up and looks around.)

ADELINE
Oh.

MAYA
What’s going on, sissy…?

ADELINE
I’m sorry, Maya. Go back to sleep.

DANNI
Actually…We all need to get ready to leave.

ADELINE
Why?

DANNI
I’m calling the government friend right before we leave to get his location, that’s all the time we’ll have before the government tracks us.

(Adeline pulls out two green backpacks from the corner dresser. She sets one next to Maya and attempts to wake her up more. Zin pulls down Danni’s backpack and puts the blanket in there.)

ADELINE
Can you put our sleeping bags inside the bags while I get Maya cleaned up?

(Danni picks up the sleeping bags and stuffs them inside the backpacks as Adeline brings Maya to the sink and has her wash her hands, face, and hair. Danni finishes and looks at Zin who has her backpack on his back.)

DANNI
We should all wash our hair with water from the sink before we go…

(Zin goes to the sink and dunks his hair under the running water, moving it with his hands to get the water into it. Adeline washes her hair and then Danni washes hers. Adeline puts on her backpack and hands Maya’s to Danni. Danni puts it on and walks out the door.)

SCENE 5
EXT. WOODS-DAY

(They all begin walking further into the woods as Danni gestures for Zin to walk directly in front of her.)

(Danni unzips her backpack on Zins back and pulls out her cell phone. As they walk she dials the number for JOHN. The phone rings several times and a look of worry passes over Danni’s face. The other line picks up and she sighs of relief.)

DANNI
Uncle John! Look, I don’t have much time—

JOHN
You bet you don’t. I’m in a hurry. There was a demon rain in your area and—

DANNI
I know. That’s what I need to tell you. I’m…one now. But I need help, please Uncle John. I need to know where you are so I can talk to you about something important.

JOHN
You’re…? Ah, then you killed your parents…

DANNI
I didn’t mean to, Uncle John! Please you have to help me…

JOHN
Alright. I’ll help. I’m working at the base in Phoenix for a month, and then I’m moving. That’s all the time you have to get here. You do realize they can track this call…?

DANNI
I know, but we’re moving don’t worry.

JOHN
We’re?

DANNI
I’ll be there! I have to go!

(She hangs up the phone quickly and throws it at the closest tree, it hits but doesn’t break. She walks over and stomps on it until the lights on it go out. The group is still walking, but is looking at Danni.)

DANNI
It’s a shame I just bought that Iphone22…

ADELINE
Whatever, hun. We need to run. Now.

(Adeline picks up Maya and carries her on her shoulders as they all begin to run.)

Danni, you don’t know what demon you are?

DANNI
No, I don’t.

(Adeline pulls out a pocket knife and cuts Danni’s arm slightly; Danni winces and a gray haze rising where the blood comes out.)

ADELINE
You’re a form of Canine. I’m not sure which.

DANNI
But why did you do that?

ADELINE
I could find out if changing you could get us anywhere faster.

DANNI
How would I…?

(Adeline takes the knife and slices at Danni’s cheek. Gray Ears form on Danni in place of her ears and Adeline slices at her a few times until Danni’s a full wolf. Danni stops running and Adeline sets Maya on her.)

ADELINE
Go, Danni. Zin and I will catch up. Maya, hold on tight.

(Danni bows her head slightly as Maya puts her arms around Danni’s neck. Danni takes off into a sprint. Adeline looks at Zin.)

ZIN
I’d rather not find out what…

(Adeline cuts at his arm and a blue haze comes out along with blood.)

ADELINE
A type of rodent…or something like that.

ZIN
Ew! A rodent? Why me?!

(Adeline shrugs and keeps slicing at his arm despite Zin’s shouts of protest, he quickly depletes in size to form into a ferret. Adeline laughs and transforms without any cutting. She flies above the trees in search for Danni and Maya. Zin follows after quickly. They both soon catch up to Danni who is resting beside a tree while Maya uses the bathroom in the bushes.)

DANNI
Can we still talk? Oh.

ADELINE
No one other than someone in a half-demon form can hear.

ZIN
So, do you think we could find others like us this way?

ADELINE
I’ve never tried.

(Another voice comes in from a distance.)

DARSK
You don’t need to bother now.

(A Tiger comes out of the bushes with Maya.)

I assume you all are headed far away from here.

DANNI
We need to get to Phoenix.

ADELINE
Get away from my little sister.

(Darsk backs away from Maya.)

DARSK
I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.

ADELINE
Who are you?

DARSK
My name’s Darsk.

ADELINE
How do we know he isn’t working for the government?

DANNI
Well, for one thing, he’s a half demon.

ADELINE
So? Our kind can and have betrayed each other.

DARSK
I can go if you want…I know the way to Phoenix from here so I just thought I could help.

DANNI
Please…

ADELINE
We don’t know the way on our own. We’ll accept your help, but I don’t want you near my little sister, Maka.

DARSK
Alright then. I’m in.

ADELINE
The group just keeps on growing… So I guess we’re all having one big party now? Fantastic. C’mon. We’re burning daylight and need to find a place to hide.

(Maya gets on Danni’s back and clings to her neck. Adeline glares at Darsk and they all begin to run again.)

MAYA
It’s lonely that none of you can talk…

ZIN
I could transform back so she has a buddy…I’m not that fast anyway, and I’m having a hard time keeping up.

ADELINE
Just stop.

ZIN
Wha?

(Darsk puts his paw down on Zin to stop him from moving.)

DARSK
Stop function. A sort of death sleep. It’s momentary of course.

(Zin closes his ferret eyes and changes back into human form, his clothes intact and still on him.)

ZIN
Thank goodness! I thought the clothes would be gone…Wait, where do they even go when we change?

(Looks expectantly at the friends he can no longer hear.)

Oh.

(Zin gets on Darsk and the group begins to travel again. Darsk nods in a direction and goes that way, everyone else following.)
"When you notice an insect on the ground, do you stop to consider it a fool? The life of an insect is so beneath you that it would be a waste of your time to even consider judging it. That would be an accurate summation on my feelings towards these humans."
-Father (FMA Brotherhood)

"Damn it, what the hell is this guy's problem?! Making enemies isn't something that I...Well I never really avoided it, but there's no reason someone should be trying to kill me!"
-Edward (FMA Brotherhood)
Old 06-15-2018, 06:27 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Gyasi Myles (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
You don't have to tell us everything that the characters are dressed in, was advised by other writers that it's best to just describe only one piece of clothing on them or none at all 'cuz it gets tiresome. The way you describe is nice and vivid just a lil too descriptive with the attire. Luv the whole demon soul storm animal shape-shift infection story idea yuh got goin on it's original; hope u finish this script or convert it into a novel, could be optioned has blockbuster potential, thought it'd be a humdrum fashion show at 1st. Excellent dialogue between the characters, wanna read more with government vs. half-demon action-packed fight scenes, or half-demon against half-demon brawls.

Last edited by Gyasi Myles; 06-17-2018 at 11:33 PM.