Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:48 AM View Post #11 (Link)
Dunnskee (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 3
This is all if there is an election. Besides, they're both the same candidate really.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 09-02-2008, 04:13 AM View Post #12 (Link)
Phantom (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 13
Which vice would you rather have in the white house?
Obamas?
McCains?
You
Didn't
Wish
Something

Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 AM View Post #13 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
Obama's gonna win.

America is tired of the way things are going. He's gonna bring change to the homeland and things will hopefully be the way they were.

I don't think there'll be an assassination. Despite all the threats, it just won't happen.

You think Barack doesn't know about that stuff? He does. But he isn't afraid.

People have said before, "I'm gonna fucking kill President Bush", but nothing ever comes from it.
If someone really wants to do it, they will, but they will be caught, and what you guys don't realize is that IF Obama is killed, his VP takes his spot, and Joe Biden has the balls and the brains to run the country if that happens.

So no, we will not see McCain in office.
No matter what happens, Democrats are taking back the White House!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 AM View Post #14 (Link)
Starry (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 28
I seriously doubt that anyone will ever actually succeed in assassinating Barack Obama. I mean, he knows that there are people out there who would try it, I'm sure he's got loads of security and stuff. Now, McCain dying of old age sometime soon is slightly more possibly, but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for who will actually win, barring any unforeseen deaths, as much as I would wish it to be otherwise, I don't believe that Obama will win. It's sad, but there are still plenty of racists out there, plenty of people who believe that he doesn't have enough experience, plenty of people who are afraid of things changing. I just hope that enough Democrats get elected into Congress to still be able to get things done in Washington.

Estara
Word Count: 49376/100000

~<3~

Old 09-02-2008, 12:03 PM View Post #15 (Link)
jordanisonfire (Offline)
Master of English

Times Thanked: 97
It doesn't exactly affect me, seeing as I'm British. From what I've read, I'd prefer the Libertarian Party to win or whatever, but obviously that's not gonna happen, so Obama. McCain just sounds like any other Republican guy: an idiot. What happened to that asshole Cheney, why isn't he suceeding Bush? Not that it matters, they're all the same. Nah, Obama's a fresh face. There's all this crap about "Oh, if Obama gets in, next we'll have loads of Blacks and Mexicans appearing". Who gives a fucking damn? Guess what? America was founded by immigrants, the British. And those Americans/British fucked things up by killing off nearly every Native American.

/rant

Old 09-02-2008, 02:55 PM View Post #16 (Link)
Andy (Offline)
Administrator

Times Thanked: 99
The latest McCain/Palin news. Yeah, I think McCain rushed his VP choice. Big time.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080902/...l_pr/cvn_palin

I honestly prefer McCain. Obama really isn't anything new at all, just typical Democratic policies masked under a very young candidate and the black history he's writing. His acceptance speech promised so much that there's no fiscal way he can deliver it all. He hasn't even mentioned any numbers, just vague promises, which worries me even more. Universal healthcare, lots more aid for college students, and colleges, AND tax cuts for 95% of Americans? Either he's a fraud, or my generation's going to end up with a national debt that we'll never be able to get off our shoulders.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM View Post #17 (Link)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
We already have a debt to pay, Andy. Baby boomers are sucking all the money out of the system as it is.

The problem with Obama is the fact that he's making promises he can't keep without bankrupting the country. Universal healthcare is not a possibility right now, nor in 8 years. This is why Edwards was a good candidate: he made reasonable promises. But people are stupid. They fall for sensationalism, and vote for whomever best represents their most extreme of views. Obama sucks and so does McCain. McCain used to be good, but he went bat crazy in the last few years and went even crazier when he started talking like President Bush.

The problem with American politics is that it is dominated by two parties that are equally retarded. Neither party represents America. They represent extremes. We need a moderate President, not someone who wants to spend all our money (Obama) or someone who wants to ruin the country by destroying its educational system or whatever it is McCain wants to do. This election is less about the "right person for the job" and more about popularity and hot button issues. And the majority of Americans are too stupid to actually research their candidates...

Tumblr!

Read my published fiction and non-fiction!

And check out The World in the Satin Bag novel podcast. Help me become rich and donate!

My Random Stuff:
--The World in the Satin Bag: My science fiction, fantasy, and writing blog!
--Check out Cheese & Crackers Original and Cheese & Crackers Superheroes
--The Skiffy and Fanty Show
--Duke and Zink Do America (Political Podcast)

YWO Stuff:
--Buy Survival By Storytelling Magazine (Issue One is available!) Support fellow YWO writers!
--And don't forget to buy something from YWO's Zazzle Store!
--Follow YWO on Twitter.

Spoiler:
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers,
Time to go to war.
This is a battle song, brothers and sisters,
Time to go to war.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM View Post #18 (Link)
jordanisonfire (Offline)
Master of English

Times Thanked: 97
Ah, that's politics. England's economy's fucked up at the moment 'cos of Brown. Now even over 50% of his own party want him out of the Prime Minister position. And then Cameron's giving out messages more or less saying: "I told you so. Vote for me, I'll make it all better."

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM View Post #19 (Link)
electrilad (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 7
I want Obama to win. If McCain wins, I will cry. I find that it's because lots of republicans don't BOTHER listening to Obama. Those republicans don't like black people, or think he's unpatriotic, or are too stupid (no offense, but you have to be pretty stupid NOT to realize this) that McCain is 4 more years of Bush! McCain agrees on 90% of Bush's policies! Geez!

Also, I keep on finding this STUPID thing online, where people write Obama/Biden- Osama/Binladin. They have NOTHING IN COMMON. Idiots just use that because the lettering works, and it pisses me off.

I know I'm being biased about Republicans, but what the party has become is racial, gun-toting, bible-carrying muckrackers. It sickens me.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:18 AM View Post #20 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 142
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

The problem with American politics is that it is dominated by two parties that are equally retarded.
That quote is so sig worthy.
What I don't like about this site is that there isn't enough social drama.

Closed Thread