Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:00 AM View Post #11 (Link)
GeorgeMichael (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 54
*eats casoloma123*

There, it's done.

Personally I''m going to go with Shaun and say I prefer Jacob because werewolves are awesome beasts that murder and tear people in half and for the most part they haven't changed one bit. They're just better looking more detailed human organ devourers... Vampires on the other side are love struck lonely depressed fools...

Salem's Lot - Stephen King
A Game of Thrones - GRRM
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

If anyone is wondering, my boyfriend's internet is the absolute worst piece of shit in existence, and it causes my computer to slow down significantly anytime I enter the Chatroom. It also causes the chatroom to freeze anyway, so it's a bit futile to attempt to log in while I'm at his place.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 AM View Post #12 (Link)
appleofmyeye (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 24
No no no, I find it hilarious! I actually enjoy it, they say the books are degrading to woman, and I say realizing that is half the fun. Don't worry, if I had a serious issue I'd tell you.

EDIT:

Lol George.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 AM View Post #13 (Link)
casoloma123 (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 2
I've seen several of people who openly say they love twilight so I don't think it's actually a problem.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 AM View Post #14 (Link)
Mercy (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 104
This is more discussion than debate, in my opinion...

Anyway, Jacob before he was a werewolf because he had personality and wasn't an asshole. Besides, Edward is a Gary Stue, manipulative stalker. After Jacob became a werewolf, I lost all respect, espeically when he "imprinted" on a baby.

Overall? Neither. I prefer Ender Wiggin as a literary character. =)

Feel free to PM me for a critique!
How to Critique by Andy
The Great Newb Guide
by Tsuki

Old 12-07-2008, 05:50 AM View Post #15 (Link)
Nyx (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 142
Jacob <3 If only he exsisted.

UGH. I hate it when people think it's gross that Jacob imprinted on a baby. It's actually becoming a petpeeve. Imprinting means they only love in a brotherly protective way until the baby's grown up old enough to understand. I think it's cute how he imprinted, and I love how it's such a huge slap in the face to Bella.

&& That's about all of my obsession with fictional characters for tonight.
What I don't like about this site is that there isn't enough social drama.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:56 AM View Post #16 (Link)
Mercy (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 104
Still, the [STRIKE]demon spawn[/STRIKE] baby is basically going to be "groomed" to marry and have sex with Jacob when she comes of age....or looks like she's of age. She'll be seven years old, techincally, right?

Not only that, but she has no choice in the matter and it's kinda creepy. She's basically going to do it with her "brother". After all, he can't be her lover until she's old enough to understand the concept.

Feel free to PM me for a critique!
How to Critique by Andy
The Great Newb Guide
by Tsuki

Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM View Post #17 (Link)
Starry (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 28
Ok, as much as I despise the series, and both Jacob and Edward, something about the imprinting here:

Nothing Stephenie Meyer has ever done is the slightest bit original, and this is no exception. The idea of lifebonds, kind of an enhanced one-true-love with magical benefits thing, has been circulating around fantasy for a long time. Meyer was just the only one to ever have it happen to a character before they hit puberty. Bt if you've ever read Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books, she's done some things with lifebonding that are just as weird (being lifebonded to two people at the same time, having your lifebonded lover reincarnated and re-bonding, lifebonding with your magical talking horse...)

Estara
Word Count: 49376/100000

~<3~

Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 PM View Post #18 (Link)
Rouge (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 227
Screw both Edward and Jacob. [They're stupid.]

I'm Team IAN!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 PM View Post #19 (Link)
Ichigo (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 32
I am team Ian also. He romantically kicks Edwards ass.

What ever happened to good old Mr. Darcy either? I'm for him. Collin Firth is a sexy beast. And in the second Pride and Prejudice movie, Mr. Darcy is ever sexier.

TEAM DARCY/ TEAM IAN

But I like Jacob more.... After reading the last book I really like him. I used to hate him, but he's okay...

PM me for Poetry crits!! I've been super neglectful of this site for so long. Put me to work.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 PM View Post #20 (Link)
appleofmyeye (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 24
I never finished The Host, don't know why.

Closed Thread