Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:13 AM View Post #1 (Link) Views on Homosexuallity
Snappy Penguine (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 15
I myself am straight, but I have a great deal of respect for gay and bisexual people because although they're often made fun of and called "pussies" I think that they're actually quite brave as they're actually living their lives the way they honestly want to and loving who they honestly want to despite the redicule and insults that they have to take on a constant basis.

What irritates me is polititians view of them, not allowing them to get married (in most states) and not allowing them to adopt (again, in most states). How dare these people have the right to get involved in the personal lives of people who just want to be happy? Who are they hurting? I'm sick of the way of thinking that homosexuals and bisexuals are what's wrong with the world. Yeah, starvation, homelessness, rape, murder, pedophilia, theft, and the homosexuals are behind it all, huh?

What's more irritating is the lack of honesty those who hate/fear homosexuals have. They always use the Bible as a copout for their prejudice, always saying God hates gay people, and sodom and gamora and all that. Maybe I'm not looking in the right book, but I can't seem to find the line were it states "and God said 'Kill the faggots!' ". It's just an excuse for the real reason which is just simply that these people think two people having sex or being together in any loving way is just strange because it's not the norm and anything outside the norm makes them feel uncomfortable and these people need to just get over it.

Just my thoughts, please share yours.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:16 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
If this turns into what Lizzie was trying to do with her thread, I will not only close this but request a ban for the both of you.

Just a heads up.

That goes to ALL of you.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Rouge (Offline)
Wordsmith

Times Thanked: 227
This is. . .stupid.

It's not a debate, it's a discussion. I don't think anyone's going to say anything negative.
Please, someone close this.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
Now that a member has requested this thread be closed, it shall be done.

Anytime a member feels they are uncomfortable with something, it is our job to get rid of it.

You're all walking on thin ice when you bring up homosexuality here. You can discuss it, and discuss how they are mistreated and all that, but this is NOT a debate. Do it in the Chatbox. Don't make a whole thread of it. I already know where it will lead.

Frankly, this kind of thread upsets me and I'm sure others do too.

I better not see any more like this. This is a warning for all of you.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread