Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM View Post #1 (Link) Photography Stuff
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
So these are just some pictures from my first attempts at experimenting with my Canon 600D. Some were submitted for my Photography course last semester.

My friend at uni:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My boyfriend:

Spoiler:

My uncle:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My sister:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rose; 06-12-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:53 PM View Post #2 (Link)
SilentNoise (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 3
These are some nice photos. I feel like you have a good eye for catching angles. I like how in the second photo of your uncle he is still one of the main focus points of the picture but he is off center, which I feel can some times make no sense in a picture but you did a good job. One thing I noticed is that a lot of these pictures are in black and white and I feel think that maybe you should focus on using other aspects of a photo to show intense emotion other than color filters.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Tilly Tot (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 11
Awasome!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Queen of Diamonds (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 2
You have a good eye for angles. I liked the one of your boyfriend the best; the angle was perfect and the shot was crisp and clean looking to me. One thing you might want to keep in mind is when you are taking pictures of people, make sure their hair is out of their face. For example, the pictures of your friend bugged me a little bit because she had hair in front of her eye (from sitting at a computer screen it is my right) and it distracted me from the rest of the picture. Unless you are going for a depressed effect, like the picture of you sister, keep hair away from the face.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 PM View Post #5 (Link) Oh...Just...Wow
RougeArtist (Offline)
Novice Writer

Your photos really have some sort of..what should I call it? Feels...Emotions? I don't know I just feel like that. Your photos are also clear,crisp, and clean.They really show expression and moods. You friend from uni is beautiful and a great model for you photos. The scenes for the last four pictures really fit with the gray-scale. Especially the one with you boyfriend. It just shows some deep emotion,like he's troubled with something. And your uncle's suit and expressions fits with the coloring too. Your sister's is really giving off dark vibes. As if something is hurting her, or she is sad. Anyway, they are great photos and you have a great eye.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM View Post #6 (Link)
Anastasia (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 8
GREAT JOB! I am so jealous that i want to become better and maybe reach your level >.<
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Lyric lover (Offline)
Novice Writer

good job i think you've captured a lot of raw emotion in these pictures. the one of your boyfriend is very good and is my favorite because it makes the viewer feel like drifting away because of the paper on the left hand side.
the raw emotion i was talking about is like in the last picture your sister looks very sad and in the first one your friend looks like she accomplished something and it was hard and she still had to smile for the picture. on purpose or an accident?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 PM View Post #8 (Link)
Jinx Destrii (Offline)
Banned

Times Thanked: 4
Truly and breathtakingly beautiful. Bravo
Old 07-25-2013, 01:44 AM View Post #9 (Link)
Gorland Fury (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 3
Great photos! I like your use of light and dark and the near v. far aspect you really use each of these to great potential, drawing the viewer's attention to where you want it. Also the black and white such as in the picture of your boyfriend is really nice and once again, it draws the viewer's attention to him as he is the only thing with real detail in the picture.

Keep that shutter snapping!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM View Post #10 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
Thank you all for the lovely comments. <333333 :3

You can check more of my photography by clicking on the blog link in my signature *points down at signature*