Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 PM View Post #1 (Link) The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
Aya Zabalawi (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
I was encouraged to read this book because I've read a Mitch Albom book before, called The Five People You Meet in Heaven. That book was honestly one of the best I have read in my life, and I read A LOT. So I'm currently on page 97 of the book and I like it so far, it's intriguing. Mostly about time itself, but not really theoretically, it's more to do with the ethics and morality of time. All the characters touched my heart, especially Dor, later known as Father Time. Anyways, once I'm done reading it, I'll post again here, and on Goodreads (Aya Zabalawi is my username there as well).
Anyhow, I really recommend this book, and I look up to Mitch Albom. Hope to be just as good as he is when I grow up.
P.S.....Chapter one, Off to New York, realistic genre(I recently posted, and I look forward to reading critiques!)
Old 07-18-2017, 07:30 PM View Post #2 (Link)
addictedtoreading (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 45
IM A HUGE FAN OF MITCH ALBOM and i'm surprised that someone is mentioning him because hes a pretty obscure author in my opinion (with no real discernible genre). I first fell in love with his poetic and simple prose after reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven which was an amazing and thoughtful book.

My favorite book by him though would have to be For One More Day which features a man who's life is arguably at rock bottom as he recollects his childhood and what his mother did for him. At the end of it, I was sobbing and I felt like it really embodies the guilt a lot of adults feel at being unable to express their gratitude to their parents for all they have done for them. For this reason I actually gave my mom the book for her birthday (she has yet to read it though).

I read the Timekeeper last year and I recently ordered it to read it again. If I remember it was also a very well-written and intriguing book. I'm glad to hear you like it!

Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any comments or questions, I'm always happy to talk about anything reading or writing related. If you want me to look at your writing just ask!
It is not hard to write what one feels as truth. It is damned hard to live by it.
-Eugene O'Neil to Alexander Berkman
I am also a major Tumblr addict and have a collection of quotes (reblogged and stockpiled over the course of five years) that you are welcome to peruse