Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-29-2016, 05:14 PM View Post #1 (Link) Story Doctor Giveaway!
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Alyssa Hollingsworth, a friend of mine from university has recently got an agent and will be submitting her newest book to publishers soon, and to celebrate she's currently offering a giveaway of her story-doctoring skills, a month of mentorship on your story/project/novel, critiques and consultations (on stories and queries/synopsis, etc), and even character sketches by her sister!

It's well worth entering, no matter your age or where you're at with your writing project, and all you really have to do is spread the word about the giveaway in some way.

All the details about the giveaway and how to enter are [HERE].

Fo those of you who might want some background on her, this is from her 'About Me':
Alyssa received her BA in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing from Berry College and her MA with honors in Writing for Young People at Bath Spa University. In 2013, she won a prize from the Elie Wiesel Foundation for Humanity for her creative non-fiction essay, Naan in the Afghan Village. She is represented by Amber Caraveo at Skylark Literary.
She has also been travelling to some really cool places for research, has worked as a freelance editor, put together anthologies, and writes all kinds of stuff (but she's definitely into fantasy, historical, realistic contemporary, children's and YA.) She's very motivational, and I find just reading her blog updates every week gets me all excited to write if I'm in a low patch. Her blog is also full of great stuff on all sorts of things, especially writing and finding and agent.

I can personally assure you that she's fantastic, knows her stuff, is passionate about writing, and is a genuinely lovely person. So please don't hesitate to enter if this sounds like something you might benefit from.

Last edited by Lykaios; 07-29-2016 at 05:29 PM.