Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-23-2017, 05:09 AM View Post #1581 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Ah! Yeah. That blog has been down and dead for about 3 years now. I'm trying to take it out of my signature, but apparently, I can't until I've reached a certain amount of posts. Fun times, right?

EDIT: Done! Huzzah!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:48 PM View Post #1582 (Link) Re: I'm Leaving, I'm Back
TommyWilliams (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Wow, it's nice of you to be here again fella!
Old 08-10-2017, 09:06 PM View Post #1583 (Link)
Tegzz (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 4
Checking in after two years, as is my custom. Anyone old enough to remember me still around?
Old 08-11-2017, 04:50 AM View Post #1584 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Yup! 'S'up?
Old 08-11-2017, 04:50 PM View Post #1585 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Tegzz! How's life?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:54 PM View Post #1586 (Link)
Tegzz (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Hey! Life is good. I'm working as a writer and editor in new media for the federal government. I'm looking at getting certified as an editor and had flashbacks of TW/YWO. Ahhh the good old days.

So, I haven't written anything creative in a long time, but I spend a lot of time writing content for, like, social media and such. I also spend a loooot of time reading about grammar. So, that's fun! (Genuine comment.)

What about you? How's the forum? How's life?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:11 PM View Post #1587 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Originally Posted by Tegzz View Post
Hey! Life is good. I'm working as a writer and editor in new media for the federal government. I'm looking at getting certified as an editor and had flashbacks of TW/YWO. Ahhh the good old days.

So, I haven't written anything creative in a long time, but I spend a lot of time writing content for, like, social media and such. I also spend a loooot of time reading about grammar. So, that's fun! (Genuine comment.)

What about you? How's the forum? How's life?
Ahhwow that's amazing though! Do you enjoy doing that work?

The forum's dead. I'm alright, working as a teaching assistant in a deaf school these days, which is great apart from the managerial failings/politics. I'm still writing that novel I began like six years ago, dabbling in poetry, making videos about books. Do you remember Lizzie? We live together now and that's great.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:55 PM View Post #1588 (Link)
Tegzz (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
Ahhwow that's amazing though! Do you enjoy doing that work?

The forum's dead. I'm alright, working as a teaching assistant in a deaf school these days, which is great apart from the managerial failings/politics. I'm still writing that novel I began like six years ago, dabbling in poetry, making videos about books. Do you remember Lizzie? We live together now and that's great.
Yes! Spending hours thinking about commas is weirdly my dream. I did it for years here/at TW as a hobby, so it's nice to get paid for it. Also I have a degree in English, so it's nice to be able to use that as well.

Oh! That's so cool! So, you must know ASL/the British equivalent? I've been wanting to learn ASL; it is actually such a cool language.

Good for novel-writing! I had a concept for a novel when I first joined TW but didn't think I was a good enough writer to pull it off. Hence the joining TW. Now I just don't think it was a good concept. Sad that this forum is dead too... Sad we couldn't keep TW. I tried really hard to make that work and keep the peace and the place alive but was quickly unceremoniously dismissed by the new owner. *Sigh* How's the novel that going?

And of course I remember Lizzie! Oh my god. Of course! That's so funny. Good roomie choice!
Old 08-16-2017, 01:20 AM View Post #1589 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Originally Posted by Tegzz View Post
Yes! Spending hours thinking about commas is weirdly my dream. I did it for years here/at TW as a hobby, so it's nice to get paid for it. Also I have a degree in English, so it's nice to be able to use that as well.

Oh! That's so cool! So, you must know ASL/the British equivalent? I've been wanting to learn ASL; it is actually such a cool language.

Good for novel-writing! I had a concept for a novel when I first joined TW but didn't think I was a good enough writer to pull it off. Hence the joining TW. Now I just don't think it was a good concept. Sad that this forum is dead too... Sad we couldn't keep TW. I tried really hard to make that work and keep the peace and the place alive but was quickly unceremoniously dismissed by the new owner. *Sigh* How's the novel that going?

And of course I remember Lizzie! Oh my god. Of course! That's so funny. Good roomie choice!
Ahh it's great you do what you love, not so many people are so lucky.

Yep, I'm at BSL level 2 and it's amazing. It's also made me realise what an overstuffed and convoluted language English is and how deaf-oblivious most people are.

You haven't had any other novel ideas since then?

I'm sad too, and I remember many of us trying hard with Lorenzo. I never understood why he chose to kill the site rather than just selling it on to one of us, or all of us. Do you think it would have survived us all turning into adults though? I didn't think this place would die either, but life happens.

My novel's going okay. I've got like 135k and I'm not even really halfway, so editing/cutting will be
a long job one day in the future. I think it's also grown up with me and become a more adult novel than it started out as, which is maybe good.

Haha yep! We've been living together nearly a year now. Got a balcony with a sea view too.