Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM View Post #1 (Link) Sahara critiquerie
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
This is a place to request a critique from me. I do both line-by-line and general crits (or a weird hybrid) depending on the piece and how I'm feeling that day. If you have a preference, please say so. If you think you'd be more helped by a line-by-line and focus on small things, I can do that. If you want an overall view, you got it. If you just want to see your work in various pieces, that's beautiful.

One purpose of this thread is to acquaint new people with the fact that I will crit poetry, prosetry, prose-poetry, short poetic prose, creative non-fiction, or whatever you want to call works that focus mostly on imagery and careful language use and which may or may not have linebreaks.

This is also a good place to request small crits on small stuff; things in progress, or things posted in the threadbox or the poetry group.

Last edited by Isis; 06-15-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM View Post #2 (Link)
Clarissa (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 39
*pathetic whiney begging*

Everybody seems to be away, so I have no idea whether you'll get this in time. I think you critted the first version of 'Bertha'. I've made some changes to it now - would you mind having a look and telling me which version you prefer and how I can improve on said version?

Thank youuu *grovels*

linkylinky: http://www.youngwritersonline.net/showthread.php?t=7100

Truth is Beauty and Beauty is Truth.
(Keats)

When you've looked and looked, and have found nothing better to do: Read it and weep

Last edited by Clarissa; 07-26-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM View Post #3 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Open for business

I just turned in my thesis. Don't ask me if you need something critted that's due for school tomorrow. But over soon I'm going to return to my summer poetry reading, writing, and critting form and I'd like to get back into the swing of things this week.

Also, if I promised you a crit at any point and then never did it, this is a great time and place to remind me. Cash in your crit tickets people. Its business time.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM View Post #4 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

CLOSING SALE

Tuesday I start working in my lab, so I will be science busy and won't be doing as many crits. This is my labor day weekend last hurrah. Do you want poetry, prose poetry, art, an essay, or short poetic prose critiqued by the end of Monday? This is the place to make that happen. I also critique by PM, though I prefer to look at stuff posted on the forum. Seriously, just post it in members only! I don't bite (that hard)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 AM View Post #5 (Link) hi!
cynicrylle (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Please critique my novel...*kneels down*

http://www.youngwritersonline.net/showthread.php?t=9899

Its about an android who... well just try reading it.

Humanity is contagious and that's why no man is an island.

yan-tsun-kuu-dan- dere dere

satisfaction leads to more desire.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM View Post #6 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

BETTER THAN BLACK FRIDAY

Thanksgiving break is coming up and I'm taking a week off of work/school. this is a great time to ask me for a critique. If you submitted something for a poetry contest, your stuff will be among the first things I crit - promise! You can look at my current to-crit list here; let me know if there's something NOT on that list that you'd like me to critique. For new people: I crit poetry, prose-poetry, short stories, stuff in other/experimental writing, and essays. I'll probably start posting the crits next Tuesday.

Last edited by Isis; 11-14-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM View Post #7 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

I'm currently on break from school, and so for the next 5 or 6 days I'll have lots of free time to critique. I've finally caught up on my to-critique list. This is a great time to ask me to crit any poetry, prose poetry, really short prose, essays (college essays anyone?) or art you've got kicking around.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM View Post #8 (Link)
han123 (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 42
would you possibly be able to critique "don't leave me in the dark" or "needles" in the poetry section. it would be very helpful. don't worry if you don't have the time though