Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 01-25-2016, 12:22 AM View Post #1 (Link) You aren't worthy
gabby9801 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 4
"You talk too much", "You're too aggressive", "Why haven't you been answering my calls?", "You're trying to hard", "You're lazy", "You don't listen", "You're alright looking but you ain't her", these are the voices she plays back in her head time and time again. She often wonders if it's just her or is God placing all of these people in her life to help her blossom into the flower she was meant to become. From backstabbing friends to mentally abusive boyfriends, she starts to feel suffocated by the negative circumstances surrounding her. She feels as though no one cares, no one will ever care all she does is complain about her life and when she tries to do something about it it's not good enough. She reminisces on the days where judgement didn't exist, where the most negative comment she heard was "I don't wanna play with you". Growing up in world where all people want to do is point out the negative made her feel as though living here was pointless. "If I go to sleep and never wake up again, all of my problems will go away" she thought. But before making any irrational decisions she thought about her love, her soulmate, her motivation for her success, her baby sister.
If she just up and left this world who was gonna help be the positive influence her sister needed to look up to? Who was gonna help her mother raise her and provide the security that every child needs? Her reasons for staying were much greater than her reasons for going! Throughout all of the adversity she was a fighter. She knew that no matter how many bad days she had they wouldn't compare to the great days ahead. Overall she was blessed, she learned at a early age that life had its obstacles and mentally prepared herself for whatever trial was ahead. She looked at everyday as another page added to the novel of her life. Every ugly, hateful, doubtful, dreadful feeling she ever had now feels like inspiration to a story not yet written. She's learning to love herself more and more and is giving herself time to figure things out. All of those nay-Sayers and haters in her life no longer seem to have a prominent image in her mind anymore, they still pop up from time to time, but each time their voices gets quieter and quieter eventually they will be none existent and she will learn to live life only for her not for the ones who wanna demote her. Until that day comes, she will get back up on the saddle every time she gets knocked down and ride this thing called life and promised not to let herself drown.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:02 AM View Post #2 (Link)
CHANTELLE (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 4
This is deep! wow .

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
― Nelson Mandela