Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 11-13-2014, 10:23 PM View Post #51 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
Writing during the week is turning out to be pretty tough for me right now as the centre I'm working in is super busy, so I'mma just keep plodding along and perhaps hope for 60k by the end of December instead, or something.
I might go for something like that, too. Between feeling kinda down and being sick it's been tough to catch up to where I need to be. I also need to focus on grad school apps and getting my tutoring job started up.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:44 AM View Post #52 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
32K *success kid gif*

But now I'm at the point in my novel where I'm not sure what is going to happen next. I mean, I know what I want to happen in two or three chapters, but not what's happening next.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:00 PM View Post #53 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 88
As for me I write one or two sentences per day; very slow movement, I admit, but the most interesting thing about it is that I never know what the next sentence is going to be about. Besides, I never feel tired.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders
Old 11-16-2014, 10:39 PM View Post #54 (Link)
Pony123 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
I have just about given up. With all my work, I have only gotten 10K. Good by NaNoWriMo...

Wind in My Face
Old 11-18-2014, 03:33 PM View Post #55 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
I've stagnated at 25k. I kind of stopped caring about updating the website and just plugging in the word count when I feel like it. Of course by the final day I'll plug in my final count.

A lot of people have been annoying me this November, derailing me from focus. My boss is being a micromanaging idiot. My mother keeps wanting to gossip. My girlfriend keeps tugging my arm wanting me to do other things. I'll be away this entire weekend for Boston for this party she wants me to go. I doubt I'll get anything done then. I'm actually looking forward to next Monday so I can push everyone away and get back on track for the final lap.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:47 PM View Post #56 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
I think I'm going to bow out from NaNo this year. I'm lacking the focus, at the moment. Grad school apps have taken up too much effort. So many personal statements to write!

Edit: I also had an idea for a revamped version of the novel I was writing, so it seems silly, to me, to keep writing the old version.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:09 PM View Post #57 (Link)
Pony123 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
I have written a 10,000 word short that I feel if I go on, it is going to just ramble. So I'm going to stop before I ruin my writing any more, because I'm pretty proud of what I wrote.

Wind in My Face
Old 11-19-2014, 12:29 AM View Post #58 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Dragon Age came out. It'll probably be a few days before I get back to the novel

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:22 AM View Post #59 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
I've got 12k so far, but I'm carrying on when I can, despite knowing I won't hit my own target (30k). Until Saturday I'll be busy visiting friends and going to London for a book launch (ahhh) so I won't get much done, but I'm really loving how all these little bits of my novel that I've been struggling with for forever are coming together (albiet that I want to rewrite most of them, but it's the knowing why they need rewriting and the thought of fixing that's making me happy). I really feel like I've got somewhere with it in the last few months.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:07 AM View Post #60 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

45K. Only 5000 more words and I've finished! At least, I've finished NaNoWriMo. The novel itself will probably end up being 100K. Still, considering I wrote 5000 words today, it's exciting to think with enough effort I could complete the 5000 words tomorrow. Or I can just relax and write an easy 550 words a day, as the site tells me I could do to finish on time.