Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-07-2018, 09:44 PM View Post #1 (Link) Battle for Japan: Serpents & Whales through the Gateway
Gyasi Myles (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
(pt 1 Serpents & Whales through the Gateway, pt 2 An Empress's Scroll, pt 3 Peach Trees of Immortality, pt 4 Ryujin's Tide Jewels, pt 5 The Red-headed Girl's Coffer, pt 6 Mutants vs. Shinto Deities)

Battle for Japan
An Empress's Scroll

Loud POOF. Sword slice. Man's wail of pain. We hear a body drop.

FADE IN:

INT. IMPERIAL PALACE - EVENING

Listeners clap for EMPRESS UME, woman in kimono. She moves her hands as she uses telekinesis to make every type of music instrument hover as she plays them all at once.

CUT TO.

INT. WINDOWED LANTERN-LIT ATTIC - EVENING

Within an opened strongbox, this scroll morphs into a flightless origami oriental dragon, drools ink from its insides when it bellows, runs downstairs crashing Ume's symphony.

All music instruments as well as a few household objects grow monstrous limbs, eyes, tails, mouths full of sharp teeth. Ume stops playing the instruments, lets them land on all fours, form a single-file line with those household object monsters, bow to that origami dragon, follow it elsewhere.

EMPRESS UME

Hmm, these tsukumogami are popping up everywhere.

FADE TO.

EXT. FOGGY ROTATING VIEW OF MAINLAND KYUSHU SURROUNDED BY PIERS, WHICH NINJA CREEP FROM UNDER THEN AMBUSH WARSHIP EXITING FOOT SOLDIER ARCHERS FROM BEHIND- MORNING

POOFS as Ume teleports onto the streets of countless neighboring villages where hahakigami (winged broom monsters) fly around among walking villagers as well as floating ghosts of villagers.

CUT TO.

INT. GRAVEYARD WHERE HITODAMA, BIG BRIGHT COLOR-CHANGING ORBS THAT LOOK LIKE TAILED SPERMS SQUIRM THROUGH MID-AIR- DUSK

With a poof Ume appears across from one full-grown male NEKOMATA (split-tailed man-eating stray cat with razor-sharp claws) that finishes gobbling up a wailing man.

It belches, grabs the digested man's pipe, emits purplish blue flame around its split-tail to light it, smokes on the opium left inside.

NEKOMATA
(After one smoke puff then a purr)

Your imperial reign has reached its end, all poppy fields are mine now. But what I really need is that living ninjutsu warlock scroll of yours.

EMPRESS UME
(Pulls twin bladed tessen war fans on him)

Over my dead body pussycat.

On galloping horses that come to halts, KUNOICHI, a ninja chick and SENSEI YAMAMOTO, middle-aged man in ninja garb both meet up with Ume.

One TANUKI (racoon dog) runs forth, stops beside Ume, sniffs towards the nekomata, lets out a whine at it, begins eating rat carrion with roaches from off the ground.

SENSEI YAMAMOTO

We're ready empress.

KUNOICHI
(Unsheathes ninjato sword)

Hai Sensei.

TANUKI

My pack will be here shortly.

Nekomata chants something, stands on hind legs, raises forepaws, has army of unarmed super-zombies pop up out of the ground.

On horseback, army of ninja show up, dismount, draw sai, kunai, shuriken, fukiyas, bow and arrows, ninjato swords, nunchakus, every type of war fan, sharp deadly throwing darts, caltrop ground spikes.

NEKOMATA

Mmm, an entree of ninja. You'll be dessert Ume!

Zombies groan as they waddle forth, run forth at super-speed, get their bare feet spiked then bloodstained by caltrops thrown in front of them by ninja, trip over some. They rise, survive stabbing, gashing, bashing, darting, and amputations from ninjas, dodge ninjas' weapon strikes.

They use their super-strength to lift then hurl ninja at tombstones offing some, infect others when they dig into their skin, turn them into super-zombie ninja who turn against Ume and regular ninja.

Countless more tanukis arrive, stand on hind legs, expand their tough scrotums (like in folklore paintings and drawings), swing them to knockout super-zombies from a distance, use them to shield the rest of themselves from the zombies kicks and punches.

EMPRESS UME

I'll always find that gross and weird, arrow barrage please.

TANUKI

Only one inanimate object at a time empress.

EMPRESS UME

Ah, limitations; I feel you. If only my gift would allow me to control living beings, and not just nonliving.

POOFS when many tanukis shape-shift into either one sharp deadly throwing dart, shuriken, sai, ninjato sword, kunai, nunchaku, or type of war fan that all rest motionless on the ground.

With her telekinesis Ume now controls each of those weapons they've shape-shifted into plus her own, stabs, darts, bashes, gashes, decapitates, and dismembers zombies from a distance.

Nekomata coughs out hairball, lets out an angry meow, emits purplish blue flame around split-tail.

NEKOMATA

Those yakuza, their attack dogs, the sumo wrestlers, that pimp, his whores, have all teamed up with us nekomata and zombies; it's over for you.

EMPRESS UME

Nonsense; Yoru Hoshi's got my back, she's the world's first and only ultra-shinobi. We'll easily defeat your army with her on our side.

FADE TO.

INT. VILLAGE/FOREST- DAY

Whooshing sounds as 18 yr. old ninja garbed Yoru 60 mph sprints through alleyway chasing one nekomata that swallows a human leg. It cuts around a corner shaking her off.

She wall-runs, wall-jumps between houses then up a house, dive-rolls from rooftop to rooftop, leaps from pink-leafed sakura treetop to pink-leafed sakura treetop.

A summersault from her, she lands in front of mature pine tree, bear-hugs it, uses her ultra-strength to uproot it. She knocks it down. That nekomata falls from it, gets crushed by it.

FADE TO.

INT. WAR GAME FIELD - DAWN

In Japan's modern army uniforms, 18 yr. old M-16 toting Chujitsuna and comrades lay low in high grass. Paintballs shot over them. A hill and obstacle course nearby. Paintball gun drones come hovering above them.

Everybody rolls over onto their backs, pulls triggers to have each shot down, lobs grenades, several blasts heard. All of them rise, backwards zig-zag squat uphill, aim down at wheeled remote controlled paintball gun machines, help one another spray each to bits.

They strap their ARs to their backs, turn around, jog downhill, begin to maneuver through that obstacle course.

DISSOLVE TO.

EXT. DEVIL'S SEA/DRAGON'S TRIANGLE - SUNDOWN

While in diving suit with katana in scabbard and waterproof backpack on, from off of jet-ski cannonball dives Chujitsuna. He scuba dives further underwater, reaches that torii, knocks on it several times. Now morphed into a different style of torii, it rises, towers out of waves, its large bell rings on its own. Chujitsuna surfaces, jet-skis through the torii vanishing.

DISSOLVE TO.

INT. VILLAGE - NIGHT

With her telekinesis, we see sweaty Ume quickly wave her tessens around in midair to form airstreams which leave incoming hurled purplish blue fireballs blown out of the air.

She prevents her army of ninja, tanukis that growl, plus her living music instrument monsters and household object monsters from getting burned to death by them.

With a black eye, Chujitsuna wields his katana while wearing modern army uniform. He fights alongside that origami dragon which roars, spits out inky darts, has super-zombies groan in pain when hit.

Barehanded Yoru's gashed up, has bite marks all over her, she beats up snarling tosa mastiffs plus their tattooed yakuza owners who wear tekko brass knuckles and all attack her at once.

EMPRESS UME

My ninjutsu witchcraft scroll, please tell me it let you master some deadly technique from it. It darn sure won't let me.

YORU
(Draws twin sai, twirls both around her fingers)

Uh-uh, ain't checked it out yet.

They're all busy fighting an army which has katana wielding pimp, his prostitutes who wield katanas, volley kunai from between their fingers, obese sumo wrestlers who twirl sledgehammer type weapons as well as those red pole staffs that have a gold sphere on both ends, slobbering tosa mastiffs, yakuza, super-zombies who swing working tools, plus nekomatas that devour yowling ninja, claw strike ninja, tanukis, living household object monsters, and living music instrument monsters dead, hurl purplish blue fireballs from their split-tails burning others to death.

CUT TO.

INT. IMPERIAL PALACE - DAWN

Bleeding ghost of that pimp manifests, seems to have shuriken lodged in it. It scowls at Yoru, enters her body, she fights herself from kunai slicing her throat as it possesses her.

She's exorcised by hahakigami that hover upside down sweeping her, drive the ghost out of her body.

YORU

Hangin' in there Chujitsuna?

CHUJITSUNA

Barely Yoru, not everyone's an ultra-shinobi. Go back to the twenty-first
century already; your ma's worried about ya— ouch!

Kamikiris (tiny goblins with scissor-like hair-snipping pincers) help bloody gashed up katana wielding Chujitsuna fight off a harionago (geisha girl with barbed strands of long loose hair which she stretches out to attack them with).

YORU

Empress Ume warned you not to smile back at that psycho broad, she gets more obsessed with men than Kiyohime.

CUT TO.

INT. WINDOWED LANTERN-LIT ATTIC - DAWN

From around the corner dodders Hikeshibaba, white-haired old lady with wrinkly gray skin.

She deeply inhales, jets gas from her mouth to extinguish all lantern fires leaving the attic dark and moonlit, dodders back around that corner.

CHUJITSUNA

Okay Hoshi-kun, we'll see who's more ultra when I master your sorcery. I'll leave you one technique behind.

Upside down along the ceiling wall crawl tenjonames (goblins that use their super-long stretchy tongues to lick the dusty ceiling clean).

That scroll's no longer alive or an origami dragon as it lays in that opened strongbox. Chujitsuna swaggers forth, breaks out of tenjonames' tongue holds, nabs the scroll, rips a small bottom portion from it, leaves it behind in the strongbox as he walks off with the large portion.

CUT TO.

INT. BAMBOO FOREST - SUNRISE

On cantering horse, Chujitsuna halts face-to-face with horse mounted WOMAN SAMURAI in armor.

WOMAN SAMURAI

My dead foot soldiers and I had trouble getting past an ambush of ninja just to reach you Chujitsuna. Our warship's docked at one of this mainland's shinobi guarded piers. Come now; the shogun awaits us.

Her horse stands on hind legs, neighs moving forelegs.

FADE OUT.

Last edited by Gyasi Myles; 02-18-2018 at 03:28 PM.