Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 AM View Post #11 (Link)
lango (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 28
I think I have an idea to work as an exercise Carraka
100 words or less.
Your character is obviously part of a plot, your plot has a beginning, the day that everything starts to happen
example: a guy who will cheat his wife wakes up one day feeling lonely, feeling something's missing on his life, etc.
So, the idea is in 100 words or less, write in POV or 3rd person, doesnt matter as long as the focus is on your character, a beginning for the character, where you describe the character (either physically or you just describe their life, whichever feels more important), and then you give him a goal. The important thing is to make sure you manage to portrait the exact moment your character decides to do something that will change his life

Not sure if I explained that very well so Ill post an example soon, and also write up Example 2 since it's pretty helpful, Ive been doing it myself lately

2013 is the end of you idiots saying 2012 is the end.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM View Post #12 (Link) Replyeth
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 13
I'll definitely use this, so, um: Excercise 1.

Sophie trotted through the brush, water droplets clinging to her tan pelt. Her pointed ears picked up a noise, and she followed it. It was only a falling twig.
She stretched and yawned. She shook her fur. A leather cord hung from her neck. Attached were miniscule beads and feathers. A talisman, to protect from the Bad Spirits.
Her feet sank into the thick mulch of the forest floor. Delicious squirming things lay beneath her feet. Wonderfully warm and earthy. She nosed in the leaves and licked up a centipede. She talisman slipped, and her poor eyesight lost it. It was gone.

An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise.
Victor Hugo

Old 02-14-2009, 04:07 PM View Post #13 (Link)
kitkat (Offline)
Banned

Times Thanked: 4
Looks fun, I'm going to give it a try.

She, slowly, made swurls with her fingers. Watching as the small pool of blood washed over her work. She held her finger up, giving a weak smile fallowd by a giggle. Theres was no one to tell her no, dont do that, or how proud they where. She was alone, only the trees provided safty.

Poor Kira

Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 AM View Post #14 (Link)
lango (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 28
Exercise 2:

That dratted excuse of a farmer! Who was he to stand between me and my love? The shame of that moment, the look she gave me. She had made it very clear. That expression would haunt my dreams forever. We could only marry with her fatherís permission, see?. And there was I, a stupid lad, with a pig under my arms, hoping that would be enough to offer for her hand. Oh how he laughed at my face. I wish I could kill him right there, right then, and carry her away. And she had wanted me to do it.

Ha! 100 words exactly Well that was fun! I'm posting a short story eventually that will have something to do with this too, so this was a real exercise for me!

2013 is the end of you idiots saying 2012 is the end.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 PM View Post #15 (Link)
Sire Humbert Fray (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 4
Guess I'll give exercise 1 a try:

I gave the man named Faim a second look. The old and frail man suddenly did not seem as unimportant as his appearance would suggest. The once red rags he wore were dirtied of dried sweat, wine and semen. He wore the classical smell of the people from the fugitives of the lower levels. His face was smeared of the dirt and shit that always seemed to end up there. The only things that was clean about the man his white beard and eyes, that were that of silver. His silver eyes looked at me and he said: "I've found you my king"

Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM View Post #16 (Link)
Acton (Offline)
Banned

Times Thanked: 0
Hey guys,
Exercises are so good for the body fitness and health so we should do the exercise work regularly and i agree with your all reviews about it.Exercises burn the fat more effectively and so good for build the body muscles.

Closed Thread