Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM View Post #1 (Link) How to Write Science Fiction with Spider Robinson (StarShipSofa)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
Here are the details for this online conference:

How to Write Science Fiction with... Spider Robinson

Book tickets NOW!
http://spiderrobinson.eventbrite.co.uk/

Live Online 26th Jan 2013
from the comfort of your computer!
8PM UK
3PM EST
2PM CST
1PM MCT
12 Noon PCT

Description of event:

Don't be mistaken: this isn't your parents' "how to" lecture! Instead, this is a front row seat, as one of the most celebrated minds in the science fiction literary community talks about his journey in the genre. Be there as Spider shares the kind of personal advice and anecdotes you can't find in a writers' guide. Learn how the publishing industry has (and hasn't) changed, and what first led Spider Robinson to a lifelong relationship with science fiction. You won't want to miss a minute of this intimate and insightful event.

Scheduling Conflict? See Important Note at bottom of page!!!!

Spider Robinson

Since he began writing in 1972, Spider Robinson has won 3 Hugos, a Nebula, and numerous other international awards. His 35 books are available in 10 languages. His short work has appeared in countless magazines and anthologies. His most recent novel is VERY HARD CHOICES.

In 2006 he was chosen by the estate of Robert A. Heinlein to write VARIABLE STAR based on an outline by Mr. Heinlein. That year he was invited to the National Book Festival in Washington, where he dined with the President and First Lady and read from VARIABLE STAR on the National Mall.

Spider was born in the Bronx in 1948 and has lived in Canada since 1974. His op-ed column "The Crazy Years" appeared in The Globe and Mail from 1996-2001. He has also written and/or recorded original music with David Crosby, Todd Butler and Amos Garrett.

Spider was married for 35 years to Jeanne Robinson, a Boston-born Buddhist priest, choreographer, dancer, writer, and co-producer of a film about zero-G dance based on her and Spider’s award-winning collaborative novella “Stardance,” for which she was separately invited to the National Book Festival. She died of biliary cancer in 2010.

Please feel free to email me for any info: starshipsofa@gmail.com

Scheduling Conflict?

If you really want access to this information but you can not make it to the live session, go ahead and sign up for the session. Everyone who is signed up for this webinar will be given access to Video and Audio recordings of the entire session the week following the webinar.

Tumblr!

Read my published fiction and non-fiction!

And check out The World in the Satin Bag novel podcast. Help me become rich and donate!

My Random Stuff:
--The World in the Satin Bag: My science fiction, fantasy, and writing blog!
--Check out Cheese & Crackers Original and Cheese & Crackers Superheroes
--The Skiffy and Fanty Show
--Duke and Zink Do America (Political Podcast)

YWO Stuff:
--Buy Survival By Storytelling Magazine (Issue One is available!) Support fellow YWO writers!
--And don't forget to buy something from YWO's Zazzle Store!
--Follow YWO on Twitter.

Spoiler:
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers,
Time to go to war.
This is a battle song, brothers and sisters,
Time to go to war.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 PM View Post #2 (Link)
malabar (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
sorry but i don't really like this man
(and i don't want to argue) i'm going to finish my novel

Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM View Post #3 (Link)
malabar (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
nothing against you

Old 06-24-2014, 01:02 PM View Post #4 (Link)
robertryals (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
In the golden age of science fiction writing, which for most people I think is the 50's and 60's, in the future ...

Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
Originally Posted by robertryals View Post
In the golden age of science fiction writing, which for most people I think is the 50's and 60's, in the future ...
This comment makes no sense, plus it's in a thread from almost 2 years ago. Read thread dates, please, and only post in stuff that's less than three months old, six if you have something really compelling to say. This doesn't count as compelling. Thread closed.

Closed Thread