Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-14-2015, 04:28 AM View Post #1 (Link) Video Game Literature Section?
GeonamicWarrior (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 16
I understand that this website touches upon various forms of literature, such as stories and academic reports, but does YWO not have a section for video game literature? If so, could someone please make it clearer where that would be. If the site doesn't have that section, is it not reasonable to introduce one? I'd love to add in some of my video game reviews, guides, tips, and such.

If you don't want the new section as I described, you can PM me links to websites that do give functions resembling to what I put out here.

My compilation of all the great guides, Guides' Gate, for those in need of help or review with critiques, grammar, spelling, and other advice.

"These hands of mine glow with an awesome power! Their burning grips tell me to write. Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGERS! Go, go! Go, go! Go, go!" -derived from G Gundam's Shining Finger attack quote.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:23 AM View Post #2 (Link)
owl (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 41
If you don't want the new section as I described, you can PM me links to websites that do give functions resembling to what I put out here.
Or, instead of expecting people who aren't interested in what you're interested in to direct you to people who are interested in what you're interested in, you could...look for those links yourself?

The Common Room would be a perfectly fine space for that stuff, I'd think, if you wanted to share it on YWO. I don't totally understand the need for a video game section.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:05 AM View Post #3 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
There's always the "Other Writing" section. Somehow I doubt "Video Game Literature," whatever that is, would have the quantity to justify having its own subsection.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:13 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
You could make a group if you want to congregate with people about these things. But like Infinity_Man said, Other Writing seems to be an adequate space for what you're describing, considering it's not quite popular enough to have it's own subforum at the moment.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:39 PM View Post #5 (Link)
GeonamicWarrior (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 16
Originally Posted by owl View Post
Or, instead of expecting people who aren't interested in what you're interested in to direct you to people who are interested in what you're interested in, you could...look for those links yourself?
I wasn't really asking those who aren't interested to find the links. I was giving a suggestion to what else they could do as another solution. However, thanks for your reply and other suggestion. And, yes, I tried looking. Couldn't find it.

-To Infinity_Man and Dabs: Thanks for the input, you two!

My compilation of all the great guides, Guides' Gate, for those in need of help or review with critiques, grammar, spelling, and other advice.

"These hands of mine glow with an awesome power! Their burning grips tell me to write. Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGERS! Go, go! Go, go! Go, go!" -derived from G Gundam's Shining Finger attack quote.

Last edited by GeonamicWarrior; 06-14-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 PM View Post #6 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
I think this site desperately needs a better way to handle groups. You could always make a group dedicated to storytelling in video gaming but it would die out quickly. You never get notifications from posts made in groups so you always have to actively check, and people always forget so. . .yeah.