Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 PM View Post #1 (Link) Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
This book will make you want to read the rest of the series. It involves heartbreak, flourishing love, mystery, immortality, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, demons, and my favorite, SHADOWHUNTERS! This book will make you fall in love over, and over, and over. Lastly, it will make you cry yourself to sleep.

Bye, and never trust a duck!

Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities'
Old 11-23-2015, 06:35 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Reader.of.Dreams (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew I had to respond... This book is absolutely AMAZING!! I read the original Mortal Instruments series about six years ago, and it has remained as one of my all-time favorite book series, full of intriguing characters, intense story plots, funny and witty dialogue, and many emotional scenes that dragged me further in with every book.

When I heard that the Infernal Devices series was being written, I was ecstatic! It was a drag having to wait for months for the next installment to come out, but it always paid off. This is series is (dare I say it?) in my opinion, even better than the Mortal Instruments, but on par in many others. The Victorian London setting was really interesting to read about, especially with the fantastical world of the Shadowhunters and how it influenced Great Britain. The characters were eccentric, fascinating, and very appealing to read about, especially Tessa and Jessamine, my favorite characters. The story is phenomenal and I would talk about it, but I don't want to spoil anything for those who wish to read it.

If you are even slightly interested in reading it, then please do so, you won't regret it.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:16 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Memories (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
Yes!

I agree. I don't read Mortal Instruments yet, but I'll definitely read them. Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite author of all time, and Infernal Devices is simple the best triangle-love YA.

However, I just can't read the third book, Clockwork Princess. I tried thrice, but I ended up rereading it again. It isn't like it is complicated but I just feel a bit sad about ending this series. And I know there is another series coming up after this book as its sequel. Anyone that is interested can check in her website, just type up his name and ended it up with a "com".

My sister damn loves this series. She went crazy one day...I can't tell you why because it would be a spoiler. I love James Carstairs! Unexpectedly, my sister hate him very much and prefers Will though. We are weird siblings. I agree with your facts about this book @Reader.of.Dreams and yes indeed, this story is phenomenal. Your time won't be wasted by reading this series.

In fact, for those who don't read this book yet, you got to read Infernal Devices series first. That way, you will enjoy more blissful moments reading this novels. It is because in Mortal Instruments series, my sister told me that it contains many spoilers about Infernal Devices series.

I recommend this book. My friend that is a non-native English speaker said that she love this books after I showed it to her. And @horselover913 , I actually laughed when you said the "duck part". I know its secret.

Best of luck reading!
Old 02-11-2016, 04:53 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Francoise Spinney (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
I've read this series as well. I kept putting it off at first but when I started reading it, I couldn't stop!
Old 02-16-2016, 06:34 PM View Post #5 (Link)
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
I'm on City of Heavenly Fire at the moment and let me just say that the Herondale boys are totally my husbands! I mean I wish they were real! The Herondale's are certainly a crazy bunch!

Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities'