Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 08-15-2015, 04:34 AM View Post #41 (Link)
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
The word LOVE is so confusing. There's a difference between how you feel when you love someone and the actual definition. I mean I think the definition is " A very confusing feeling that no one has yet to figure out".

Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities'
Old 08-26-2015, 12:01 AM View Post #42 (Link)
TheMostSolidOfSnakes (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Love is when you can't sleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss said something along the lines of that.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:51 AM View Post #43 (Link)
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Originally Posted by TheMostSolidOfSnakes View Post
Love is when you can't sleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Dr. Seuss said something along the lines of that.
I so love this post. By the way.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:33 AM View Post #44 (Link) The Definition of Love
bewbewbewbew (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Love is being stupid together. If you don't love someone, let them go. Do not make them wait. If you have to question yourself whether you love someone, you don't. If you fall in love with two person, choose the second one. If you really love the first one you wouldn't fall for the second one. If you are going to cheat, break up first. If you are going to become a third party, think, how would you feel if you are in a relationship with someone else ruined it. If you are going to be in a relationship, appreciate your partner. If you are getting into a relationship for the sake of getting into one, don't. You will hurt the other person. If you love someone, don't ignore them. If you only think of intercourse, you are not in love, you are in lust. If only love is this simple, If only.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:12 AM View Post #45 (Link)
dreamakeover (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Woaw, this is my first time here and I love the conversation. Love has no definite explanation and so you've got to explain it from the angle you understand it.... stay blessed

Last edited by dreamakeover; 07-01-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:59 AM View Post #46 (Link)
calm drinker of tea (Offline)
Novice Writer

- either sacrifice or sex.
I think I might object to that argument, could you define sacrifice?
Old 08-02-2016, 04:36 AM View Post #47 (Link) Definition of Love
Riddler221 (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Most people can't describe love in one sentence, not only because they don't know the meaning of the word, but they have yet to figure out how real love feels like. Majority of the population in the world confuse lust for love and vs versa. When you are in love with someone you will know 150,000 percent that its love.

Love is when you are emotionally drawn to another human being in ways you cannot give reason for. Wanting to be there for that person and to cherish every moment with your partner for as long as you can. It's not butterflies in your stomach or that pitiful choke you get thats hard to swallow when they're near by, thats all fairy tales.

Real love is doing things for someone when they ask, thinking of stuff to make them smile, adoring another individual for who they truly are flaws and all. I know this sounds extremely cheesy but when you are in love with someone, the world feels like its on hold for a while. You do things for that certain someone without question or annoyance, as you would for your mother, father, or sibling. Love works in different ways, their is family love, love between friendship, and love between your significant other.

It is all the same idea, but its a different feeling between each person depending on their role in your life. Thats why its so hard to determine in a real sentence what the true definition of love is because there are many different types of love.

I'm talking about the love you have with your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, finance, and so on... The romance, the spark that leaves you wanting more and more each time you see that person.

The ride or die, protector, lover, humorous, way of showing you care about that person for real, that you want to do everything in your power to make that person blossom into their full potential. Not just for self satisfaction but you know their true capability and you want to grow with them to create a life together.

Many people mistake the feeling for something different but when you love someone you will know right away and never second guess it.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:17 PM View Post #48 (Link)
horselover913 (Offline)
Idea Scribe

I honestly don't get how most people haven't experienced love. There are the unfortunate some, but I am very young and I love my brother, my mother, my father, and the rest of my crazy family! Love has all different meanings, and everyone wants to know the definition! This debate of love is on here more than once, and we all have our own definition. There is no point trying to figure out someone elses definition. It's my definition and I'd like it to stay mine.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:41 AM View Post #49 (Link)
stephs (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Originally Posted by 2sh4r View Post
Today in English class, two girls got into a debate over the meaning of love, which I found absurd, because (of course) love has no definitive meaning.

We were discussing Twilight Zone's adaptation of John Collier's The Chaser, in which a boy buys a love potion to get a girl to love him and later realizes that love cannot be bought. What he bought was absolute devotion, which is, as it turns out, really annoying.

One girl complained that the story misrepresented love. She claimed the boy had found true love, and the seller of the potion had simply lied about the potion's results. The potion, she said, didn't make the person love you, it just made the person annoying. In response, the other girl argued that the boy was willing to harm the woman, even warp her personality, so his love was false.

Both arguments, in my opinion, are crazy. Love comes in many different forms, many of which can be abusive. According to my own personal philosophy, "love" is impossible to define because of how little we understand our own emotions, and how much love can vary from situation to situation.

What, according to you guys, is the definition of "true" love?
i think the simplest thing to say and easiest way to calm your thirst for answers is to say that love cannot be defined, but the existence of many ways to explain, interpret and understand love does not mean that you cannot draw definitions in different ways of love.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:15 AM View Post #50 (Link)
Ishaan (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Love is an emotional attraction towards another being or an object which is very true and passionate.