Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-05-2017, 01:52 PM View Post #1 (Link) Calling Short Story Writers!!!!
RDomingos (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I'm working on a university art project for an interactive fiction wherein the characters tell the player short stories. For the project i want real stories told by real people, a.k.a YOU! I would give the writers of the stories i use full credit of course!

For the stories themselves they would need to be written exactly as if you were telling it to someone, so first person and kind of like an anecdote. They would need to be a maximum of 200 words and there is no minimum.

Please post and feel free to email any questions!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:11 AM View Post #2 (Link) Cool idea, wrong forum spot
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Hey! You should probably post this in either the Common Room, or on this page: http://youngwritersonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

That way, people checking this out are way more likely to be inclined to participate.

Last edited by miss_smiley; 04-23-2017 at 04:15 AM.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:40 AM View Post #3 (Link) Love it!
adamleon97 (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I think this is a great idea however I do feel that a 200 word maximum is very restricting for a lot of users on here. Even my short stories are at least 1000 words and often times I feel as if I'm going back through and removing paragraphs to shorten them.

Personal stories would be great if we also understood the theme and behavior of the game. It would feel a little embarrassing if I wrote a story about when I got diagnosed with cancer and then someone follows it up about butterflies or their dog shitting all over their carpet.