Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM View Post #21 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
Another multi-part question, but what is Sara's favourite memory from those 1817 years? Her least favourite (besides, I assume, the Massacre)? A favourite small moment that isn't all that grand but sticks with her anyway?

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM View Post #22 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 34
Originally Posted by Infinity_Man View Post
Another multi-part question, but what is Sara's favourite memory from those 1817 years? Her least favourite (besides, I assume, the Massacre)? A favourite small moment that isn't all that grand but sticks with her anyway?
"Hmm. Good questions," Sara mumbles. "This is going to sound weird, but my favorite memory is something that happened in the Massacre. When humanity was nearly destroyed by the Crystal People (the aliens that attacked us), I was one of the last survivors from the Golden Age. I became known as a very wise master, someone to look up to and learn from. I was reluctant to take on this role, but I didn't feel like I had a choice. So, the village I lived in wanted me to mentor this young boy. Once, while we were training, he asked me about life back in the mid-21st century. As I told him all about it, there was one concept which he found absolutely amazing: food delivery. Like ordering something from Domino's! I don't know why, but it's one of my favorite memories, seeing the look of confusion on his face. It always makes me smile.

"My least favorite memory has to be when my wife died. I don't really want to go into details. But it was bad. I felt like the Massacre was happening all over again, even if that happened centuries ago. The grief was horrible. I thought I would see her grow old...

"On a lighter note, there's another memory - not to important - but it sticks with me. I used to know this guy when I lived with this race called the Dragons. He wasn't a Dragon, but he was dirt poor and trying to get out of the city we lived in called Albertianu. So we planned a heist! I know, it sounds ridiculous. But I was bored and he was desperate so we did it. One of the most asinine things I've ever attempted, but it was worth it!"

Big project: The Queen of Gosnter

Smaller project: Callback

"Stuff happened." --Something someone said at some point
Old 03-12-2014, 08:28 PM View Post #23 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
Who is the most interesting person Sara has met in all of her 1,817 years of life, and why?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 AM View Post #24 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 34
Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
Who is the most interesting person Sara has met in all of her 1,817 years of life, and why?
"If you can believe it, I think it's a man I met only two days ago." She laughs a little. "You see, I never thought I would meet someone like myself. There used to be other immortals, but they died out in the Massacre. Even if there were others that survived, they must be hiding because I'd never found them.

"So this man named Tyl comes to my hospital bed, and we talked a little. I could tell immediately that this guy is like me. Don't ask me how I knew it, I just did. Maybe it was the references he made to late 26th century events, and he looked way too young to know about them so well. He looked like he was only in his sixties. Yes, historians can tell you about a place, but they can't really tell you. Not how someone who experienced it can. I know the difference, and this guy knew his stuff.

"It was really an amazing experience for me. You see, I've been out of the loop from intergalactic politics for about...one-thousand years. So it was good to hear about how everything was going. He was my first glimpse of the outside galaxy in a long time, and I was grateful for that.

"Apparently he was from Earth. He even offered to take me back to my homeworld for treatment. I refused. Fairy is my home now, and it's where I'll spend my last days. And you know what's great? He understood that."

Big project: The Queen of Gosnter

Smaller project: Callback

"Stuff happened." --Something someone said at some point
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM View Post #25 (Link)
RockerBunny (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 29
If Sara had a chance to change something that happened in her past, what would it be and why?

Request a critique via VM/PM and I'll get to it as soon as possible.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 PM View Post #26 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 5
Angel-Girl (my avatar!) has no known age, home, or previous friends. She is a quiet, mysterious knight, but at times she will become fun-loving, friendly, and peppy. This loyal knight works for HQ, an organization that is trying to find out more about this new planet. She travels deep into the ground of the planet, fighting monsters and living for justice.

Dance as if no one is watching
Love as if you have never loved before
Sing as if no one can hear you
Live as if Heaven is on the Earth

-Unknown

I'm Chrissy Noelle (AKA THE CRAZY GUINEA PIG LADY),
SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:53 PM View Post #27 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
What has she found out about the new planet so far?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 PM View Post #28 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
Does Angel-Girl ever question the colonial implications of her diving into a new planet and slaughtering the native creatures in the name of "justice?"

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM View Post #29 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
What has she found out about the new planet so far?
"This planet is harsh and dangerous, and I've lost many a good friend to it." She frowns. "The farther you go beneath the surface, the more ferocious the monsters become." Her face softens. "But many times have I made it to the core of the planet, and as I stand over it, I feel a feeling I cannot describe... it seems to calm me and determine me at the same time." She gets a dreamy look.

Snapping out of it, she says, "Although the planet is harsh, we have a Haven that we all live in, and we are safe there. But I'm not sure how long this will last..."

-Unknown

SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!

Last edited by Chrissy Noelle; 03-18-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Reason: Forgot something
Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 PM View Post #30 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Originally Posted by Infinity_Man View Post
Does Angel-Girl ever question the colonial implications of her diving into a new planet and slaughtering the native creatures in the name of "justice?"
"I have thought about it before, as I do not like killing innocent lives." Her face hardens. "But these creatures attack us first, as they are being controlled by terrible beings, and we have no choice but to defend ourselves. Lord Vanaduke, for example. He has a giant army of robots that he sends to fight us while we are trying to be venturing to the core of the planet." Her face burns with anger, and her eyes like white fire. "He is a maniac, he killed his own family, burned their kingdom, and much more."

-Unknown

SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!