Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-10-2015, 02:37 AM View Post #1 (Link) Diversify My Sentence!
GeonamicWarrior (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 16
Rules: Declare any amount of observational differences you could see in the recent post's sentence, pick which one was the most precise in your opinion with an * next to the number, and then post your own sentence for others to do the same. Try to be figurative in your sentence to breed more differences if you can. If the recently posted sentence is too exact in one meaning, comment that it is, and post your sentence.

For example of a satisfactory sentence, "He dropped onto his bed from the pole," could be seen as:
1. A boy/man/male animal quickly slid down the pole and landed on his bed.
2. An unconscious boy/man/male animal fell from a pole to crash upon his bed.
3*. A boy/man/male animal got off a pole and quickly landed on his bed.

An example of an exact sentence, on the other hand, would be: "The woman ran two miles".

My sentence: "The picture burned itself into my eyes".

My compilation of all the great guides, Guides' Gate, for those in need of help or review with critiques, grammar, spelling, and other advice.

"These hands of mine glow with an awesome power! Their burning grips tell me to write. Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGERS! Go, go! Go, go! Go, go!" -derived from G Gundam's Shining Finger attack quote.

Last edited by GeonamicWarrior; 03-10-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:57 PM View Post #2 (Link)
totom (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
"The picture burned itself into my eyes" could be seen as:
1. The picture really burned by fire and the dust came inside my eyes
2. I can see the picture clearly and I understand what the artist want to tell with his picture
3. The picture is very clear so I can see it and remember its detail on very short time of seen