Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 11-02-2015, 05:36 PM View Post #1 (Link) How to find the new chatroom
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 113
It's come to my attention that people are still trying to use the 'Chat' button at the top of the site to access the chatroom. This button does not work, and will not be working any time in the near future. This is because we need access to the site coding to fix it, and our admin with those powers has been AWOL for over a year.

You need to go to THIS THREAD and follow the instructions there. Or alternatively go to the main forum page and the forum area 'Chatroom', inside of which there are only two threads - the sign in thread, and the thread I just linked you to.

Please note: The chatroom is strictly only for members aged 13 or over.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 PM View Post #2 (Link)
pendell (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 2
The Admins have been AWOL? How has the site been maintained?
Old 11-05-2015, 03:19 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Originally Posted by pendell View Post
The Admins have been AWOL? How has the site been maintained?
By meeeeeeeee.

One admin's AWOL, the other is quiet and here when he's especially needed. And I'm like . . . always here. Hai!
Old 07-19-2016, 10:24 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Wasted Earthling (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
By meeeeeeeee.

One admin's AWOL, the other is quiet and here when he's especially needed. And I'm like . . . always here. Hai!
Which admin pays the site fees, if it's the one that's AWOL do we need to start working on a contingency plan?

Does this forum software not work on the headers and footers system a lot of other forums do that don't directly require going into the sites coding but allow you to add code through headers and footers, if so can you not drop the embed code for the chatbox into the footer/header and just have a chatbox at the bottom or top of the page?

Also, is there a max age limit on here a lot of people seem to have been members for 9-10 years?
Old 07-19-2016, 01:47 PM View Post #5 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
Originally Posted by Wasted Earthling View Post
Which admin pays the site fees, if it's the one that's AWOL do we need to start working on a contingency plan?

Does this forum software not work on the headers and footers system a lot of other forums do that don't directly require going into the sites coding but allow you to add code through headers and footers, if so can you not drop the embed code for the chatbox into the footer/header and just have a chatbox at the bottom or top of the page?

Also, is there a max age limit on here a lot of people seem to have been members for 9-10 years?
1. No idea

2. I can barely read this sentence, but I think what you're getting at is that we could possibly edit the headers without needing an admin? Again, no idea.

3. I think our oldest members hover ~25, and these are mostly people who have been here since they were younger. Older people sort of drift away. 30+ is a pretty clear no, I think that our age range works best if it's 13-25.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:22 PM View Post #6 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Originally Posted by Wasted Earthling View Post

1. Shaun pays the fees, and as far as I know, is happy to do so. I'm also pretty confident he'd never sell this place or abandon it without making sure we have the powers to continue it without him.

2. This forum is a v-bulletin forum and you can go google that and answer your own questions because I don't really understand what you're asking either. I have found nowhere at all in the admin panel where I can edit anything that needs coding. Andy was our tech guy, and he's the AWOL admin, unfortunately, so we're stuck with what we have.

3. What Lalo said. I'm one of the oldest members here (which is weird), as I joined about 6 months after the site was created. I joined when I was 14/15 and I'm now 23. Generally, our age range is 13-25 year olds, and we have a few oldies who make occasional appearances, but those members kind of grew up here or created & pay for the site (Shaun) so we don't mind them. Under thirteens should not be here without parental consent.