Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 01-20-2016, 03:53 AM View Post #1 (Link) Any recommendation for a good romance book?
dayle (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 3
Just wanna have some good romance book and maybe I would share it with my friends
Old 01-20-2016, 04:25 AM View Post #2 (Link)
The Enchanted Muggle (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
I would recommend Yours, Faithfully by Sheila O'Flanagan to you. It's a brilliantly written romance and drama book. And when I say drama, I mean DRAMA. There's a lot of that in it and that's why I loved it, I think. Set in modern times. Realistic fiction.

The Shell House by Linda Newbery is another title that I would love to recommend you. It's a romance story that also wonderfully intertwines historical elements-- while the majority of the novel is set in modern England and centers around a teenage boy who's coming of age, the story also flashes back to WWII (I think?) and what happens then between yet another group of cast members. You can ask around, I have been dying to get my friends to read this book. It's truly a great read.

Originally Posted by sbenzing
Wow. So youre a Korean girl who grew up in Hong Kong, lives in the United States now and is studying Spanish in college? You know that's crazy right?
Jisun: I feel like I'm writing some Twilight shit.
Kanen: Ji, I feel like that all the time.
Kanen: The difference is,
Kanen: this is only your first draft.
Kanen: for her, it was her last.
PUBLISHED BOOK FOR KINDLE
Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
John Green's books are popular and always have a plot around romance, so if you haven't read his books, check them out. Rainbow Rowell's also pretty popular in this genre, too.

I'm not a big fan of romance, but a few months ago I read Night Owls (or if you're in America, it's called The Atomical Shape of a Heart) by Jenn Bennett, and that was a really fun read, with some nicely diverse characters and positive portrayals of mental health.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:26 AM View Post #4 (Link)
dayle (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 3
Thanks for the recommendations! I'd definitely read those books soon.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:41 PM View Post #5 (Link)
Francoise Spinney (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Try Jude Deveraux's books. She's one of my favorite romance authors.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:05 PM View Post #6 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy technically is romantic. Swashbuckling romance.

I have The Time Traveler's Wife and all my friends liked it but I haven't gotten to read it because I kept lending it to people so like everyone knows about it but me, the guy who actually OWNS it.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 115
Originally Posted by ScottyMcGee View Post
I have The Time Traveler's Wife and all my friends liked it but I haven't gotten to read it because I kept lending it to people so like everyone knows about it but me, the guy who actually OWNS it.
I read that book so long ago, I barely remember anything about it. I do remember liking it, but I also remember spending like two months slogging through it and I'm not sure how those two mesh. Maybe I should reread it sometime.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:25 AM View Post #8 (Link) A Midsummer Night's Dream
SARUTAK (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Hey all!,

I really think Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream is a great romance novel. Although the theme of the book is not focused on love, but the conflict between the love triangle is extremely complicated and interesting! A Midsummer Night's Dream revolves around magic and mystic power that shapes the overall plot of the story. The main characters are Hermia, Lysander, Demetrius, and Helena. In the story, these four characters are stumbled in a love conflict due to the magic potion. Through the course of the story, the plot develops as the characters start to realize that they've been controlled by the magic.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:27 AM View Post #9 (Link)
Zoey141 (Offline)
Novice Writer

I highly recommend novels by Nicholas Sparks. My sister loves Nora Roberts and I haven't read any of her books yet. Of course there is Margaret Mitchell's classic Gone With the Wind. But if you're looking for contemporary stories, I'd suggest Sparks and Jude Deveraux's books.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:47 AM View Post #10 (Link)
Mudy (Offline)
Novice Writer

Thanks for good recomendations

Last edited by Mudy; 06-09-2017 at 07:01 AM.