Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-12-2016, 03:07 PM View Post #1 (Link) Who Views you Pieces of work
Softballgirl333 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 5
Sometimes I post something new or want to go and look at previous works of writing I have posted. I know there's a 2 columns that tell you how many have replied and how many views it has had. If it is in the members only or even just in general I think it would be nice if we could see who has viewed our pieces of writing. It would be really nice to have this feature so we could talk further about our works with the people who have replied to/viewed our writing pieces.

~Anonymous~
Old 02-12-2016, 08:33 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 114
Viewing who has viewed can go up to the hundreds and even thousands, and as far as I know, there's no feature for viewing that information. It would also include visitors and bots and all sorts.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:40 AM View Post #3 (Link)
han123 (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 42
I think it's probably unneeded because anyone who wanted to discuss your work would critique it or message you
Old 03-03-2016, 01:21 AM View Post #4 (Link)
Softballgirl333 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 5
Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
Viewing who has viewed can go up to the hundreds and even thousands, and as far as I know, there's no feature for viewing that information. It would also include visitors and bots and all sorts.

Well yes I understand that it would involve outside users to where we wouldn't know who they are but if it is possible couldn't it be made to where members can only npbe seen as ofnwho viewed it.... On some of my works o see it has let's say 10 views but it only as 3 critiques... Just as a preference I would like to know who has seen it.

Not tryna be pushy here but just trying to explain my viewpoint

~Anonymous~
Old 03-03-2016, 03:03 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
I'm going to second what han123 said. The people you want to discuss your work with are the ones who make the effort to critique or remark on it in some way. Why bother with the others?
Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 AM View Post #6 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
I would probably stop looking at threads by members I wasn't on terms with. All I want to do is glance at someone's work to get an idea of how long it is, how strong the beginning is, and not necessarily make a commitment to critiquing their piece. The last thing I need is being bombarded with "Hey, I saw you looked at my story. WHEN IS THE CRITIQUE COMING, HMMMM?"

No thank you.

Besides, what Lyk said. The vast majority of the views on threads are spambots and glitches.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.