Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 04-20-2016, 05:32 AM View Post #11 (Link)
DestinyVamp (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think it was decided you could post fan fiction if you wanted to
Yeah that was till Scotty revealed his saddening experience
I can be by myself because I'm never lonely; I'm simply alone, living in my heavily populated solitude, a harum-scarum of infinity and eternity, and Infinity and Eternity seem to take a liking to the likes of me.
― Bohumil Hrabal, Too Loud a Solitude
Old 04-20-2016, 06:50 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 113
Shaun hasn't logged in since January, don't worry about him. I'm not too worried about fanfiction and the other staff don't seem bothered either, so as long as it's clearly stated as fanfiction, go post what you want.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:21 PM View Post #13 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
well that's just dandy then!

It actually took me a while to realize Shaun stepped down being in charge of everything. I actually have been meaning to ask you if I could do something about the polls. I like polls. Polls are cool. When they have nothing to do with stupid presidential candidates.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:42 PM View Post #14 (Link)
Lykaios (Offline)
Red-name-person

Times Thanked: 113
Originally Posted by ScottyMcGee View Post
well that's just dandy then!

It actually took me a while to realize Shaun stepped down being in charge of everything. I actually have been meaning to ask you if I could do something about the polls. I like polls. Polls are cool. When they have nothing to do with stupid presidential candidates.
Technically, I'm not sure he did step down, as such, he's just been really busy for like forever.

I (secretly) hate polls, so ask away and I'll dust off my magic wand.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:30 PM View Post #15 (Link)
ScottyMcGee (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 176
Oh like I asked him about it on Facebook and he just said "Ask Lykaios, she's in charge of everything now!"
Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM View Post #16 (Link)
chiaro0990 (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 9
I don't mind fanfiction, that's how I start writing stories. But--if fanfictions were grammatically well-written and follow the basic rules of writing, it would be considerable to my taste.

General expressions in non-concrete terms are laziness, they are talk, not art, not creation.

Last edited by chiaro0990; 07-10-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:10 AM View Post #17 (Link)
Wasted Earthling (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
Shaun hasn't logged in since January, don't worry about him. I'm not too worried about fanfiction and the other staff don't seem bothered either, so as long as it's clearly stated as fanfiction, go post what you want.
I think fair use applies in the case of fan-fiction anyway. You're not directly replicating any work from the canons, you're just using the names and features to create your own stories. The way you tend to get around this is "Based on [television show/film] written by [x] and produced/directed by [x]".

Most places are going to sue you for using their stuff. There's various other large sites devoted to fanfiction that I know don't have copyright licences.

On a personal level I've never been a great fan of the stuff and would usually opt to crit something else I don't need prior understanding to fully understand.

Shame to see Shaun go.