Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 07-19-2016, 10:05 AM View Post #1 (Link) Over-Zealous logging out
Wasted Earthling (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
It takes me a little while to put a crit together and re-read the thing for my own mistakes. Somehow got logged out in the time it took me to do one just now, can't have been more than 20 minutes. Seems a bit fast to log someone out on a site that encourages thoughtful crits?
Old 07-19-2016, 12:05 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
As someone who takes anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours writing a critique on the forum itself, I can say I've never had this happen to me. It sounds like something on your end.

Have you opted for the site to remember you? Perhaps that's what's allowing me to remain for so long but kicking you out. You could also always write the critique in your own word document (I do this sometimes, if I know I'm not going to do the whole critique in one sitting and want to save it) and then just paste it into the text box.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.

Last edited by Infinity_Man; 07-19-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Wasted Earthling (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by Infinity_Man View Post
As someone who takes anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours writing a critique on the forum itself, I can say I've never had this happen to me. It sounds like something on your end.
Any idea what it could be?
Old 07-19-2016, 12:08 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
Originally Posted by Wasted Earthling View Post
Any idea what it could be?
Edited my first post just as you were posting again, it seems.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:49 PM View Post #5 (Link)
lalodragon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 193
Man, I used to get this all the time. I now have my computer set to remember me, and that mostly works in Chrome.

Timeout is supposed to be 20 or 30 min. That's reasonable. If I walk away from someone else's comp and forget to log out, I don't want it to sit for an hour.

I just make sure to copy everything in the text window before hitting submit. If you get logged out, you can paste it back in without losing your crit.