Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 PM View Post #1 (Link) Best Places to Abduct A Beta?
PocketFuzz (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 2
Alright, so long story short, I wrote a thing on Wattpad.com back in the day (it's been 5 years since I touched it last, so yeah...) and I really want to revamp it. It died for the most part because I got it from a dream that I had written down, but I never really figured out where I wanted it to go, so by chapter two, I was lost, and by chapter three, I'd stopped writing.

Full disclosure: I'm the pantsiest pantser that ever did pant.

Anyway, I want to revamp it, and I made a chapter explaining my situation, just to see if anybody still looked at the thing. I got a couple comments, and more than a fe messages like "ZOMG please bring it back" so now, besides feeling a little pressured (and guilty, haha) I'm excited to do just that. Problem: I want beta readers, but I have none.

I thought of a couple solutions, but I'd like some other suggestions.

1. Ask the people who messaged me/commented if they'd like to beta.

2. Ask here for some writers to beta.

3. Cry a bit, then jump in with no betas.

What do you guys think? Where does one go to find these fantastical creatures, and how well do they keep? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:21 AM View Post #2 (Link)
GeonamicWarrior (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 16
Originally Posted by PocketFuzz View Post
I thought of a couple solutions, but I'd like some other suggestions.

1. Ask the people who messaged me/commented if they'd like to beta.

2. Ask here for some writers to beta.

3. Cry a bit, then jump in with no betas.
I'd say do 1, and once your story is revamped how you like it, post it on this site for critiques.

My compilation of all the great guides, Guides' Gate, for those in need of help or review with critiques, grammar, spelling, and other advice.

"These hands of mine glow with an awesome power! Their burning grips tell me to write. Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGERS! Go, go! Go, go! Go, go!" -derived from G Gundam's Shining Finger attack quote.