Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 03-18-2014, 11:18 PM View Post #1081 (Link)
Rachael (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 35
Misty glanced at her horse and decided it was high time that he got brought into the barn and cleaned down. As she did this she started singing one of her favorite songs by Amy Winehouse and she suddenly stopped in mid-action. There was an idea trailing through her mind and she decided to set forth upon it. Dropping the hay quickly, she ran towards the house kicked off her shoes and ran up the stair toward her room like lightening. Getting there she dumped herself on the bed and grabbed pen and paper from her table. She was there for about a whole half an hour when suddenly a step thundered on the stairs. Uh-oh, she new she was in for it! She quickly put her notepad upside down and waited. It wasn't long before it came.
"Misty, what are you doing! You are supposed to finish up your job with the horse, not be up here diddle dalling! You are so selfish and all you want to do is your stuff but nothing for your family!"
"Sorry Dad!" She said without turning her head.
She had to stop doing whatever she wanted and whenever she wanted. She had been selfish and she wanted to change!

What was the most inspiring thing in your life?

Christianity

Soundcloud!

Google Plus

YouTube

Poetess Hannah Hebditch!!

Stumbling and falling is better than crawling ~ Rachael
Old 03-23-2014, 11:54 PM View Post #1082 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
"The Mayor." Grey answers, looking proudly into the distance. "I was in a radiation accident, which somehow caused me to grow wings, and my parents started abusing me because of it and then they abandoned me so I had nowhere to go. Then Mayor Whites found me and had my parents killed for the way they mistreated me. He was the only person who accepted me for who I am, and he had me trained so I could learn to use my new powers for something useful. Now I am determined to protect Mayor Whites and Whitesburg from any rebels who to try attack. I will defeat them before they ever to the chance to harm the Mayor."

Who is the person you love the most?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:20 PM View Post #1083 (Link)
Chrissy Noelle (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 5
"One of my knight friends, Lightstorm," Angel-Girl replies, with an uncontainably mixed look of friendship and love.
"He saved me when no one else would from a terrible depression, leading me through the path of shadows to the light. I stuck with him the whole time. Now I owe him my life, and I would gladly give it to save him one day..."

What's the worst thing that has ever happened to you?

Dance as if no one is watching
Love as if you have never loved before
Sing as if no one can hear you
Live as if Heaven is on the Earth

-Unknown

I'm Chrissy Noelle (AKA THE CRAZY GUINEA PIG LADY),
SO Guinea Pigs ROCK!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:56 PM View Post #1084 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 34
Mona-Lon sighs. "I do not usually reveal this about myself. Very well. I shall tell you.

"Without any hesitation, I can say that the worst thing I have ever experienced was witnessing my old friend commit suicide. Well, we were not exactly friends...but she knew me better than my own parents. She knew me better than anyone ever will. And I am the one who drove her to the edge. I have to live with this for the rest of my life, knowing that I was responsible for killing the only woman who will ever understand me. One day, the burden might crush me, but I try to live in the present, and push it into the dark corners of my mind."

What's your relationship with your family like?

Big project: The Queen of Gosnter

Smaller project: Callback

"Stuff happened." --Something someone said at some point

Last edited by MonaLon; 04-30-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM View Post #1085 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

"Well, it's usually either non-existent or them just lecturing me for the sake of it." Jordan sighs, his eyes appearing sad. "I never knew my real dad - he left before I was born but, from what I've heard about him, he doesn't seem like a nice guy. I never really had an emotional connection with my mum either. Like, I don't seem to have any memories of us being close or anything - she always seemed distant. Maybe it's because I make her think of my dad, or something like that. She became even more distant when my step-dad moved in when I was 6 and even more so after she gave birth to my little sister, Holly. It was like the three of them had their own little family that they didn't want me to be a part of - I was the outsider. My step-dad, Paul, was always disapproving of me. I tried to be nice to him at first but it never worked so, eventually, I started to rebel against him if he ever told me what to do, which made my mum even more angry with me. The two of them always criticised a lot of what I did, like I was never good enough. I had a really close relationship with Holly, though. For some reason, she seemed to look up to me and she always wanted me to play with her. It was nice to have someone in my family who actually wanted anything to do with me. It really broke me when Holly died when I was 14. My mum never realised how much I cared about her and, in these last two years since Holly's death, she's started lecturing me a lot for no reason. She says she's the way she is now because she misses Holly, but it doesn't seem like she's even tried to notice or understand the effect things have had on me. I'll be glad when I can get away from my mum and step-dad, that's for sure..."

What is your earliest memory?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:11 AM View Post #1086 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 13
"I was sitting on my dad's knee," Iyanna began, but then sighed. "It's actually a really lame story, but he was reading me what is now a prohibited book from the point of view of a fairy who just couldn't find her home. I think I might even have it tucked in some random corner, I don't know, my room's too messy."

When was the last time you felt truly and utterly free from any obligations or earthly woes?
non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like
a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

stuff.
- The Doctor (David Tennant)
Old 05-22-2014, 05:42 PM View Post #1087 (Link)
MonaLon (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 34
"I think it was when I was strapped into a cryo tube, hurtling away from mass destruction," Tyl says. "The Corealis had finally won, and they were going to take everything down. All of our work over the milleniums. Gone. Earth/Mars Federation, Omir, Taunc, even Fairy -- All of them gone, their planetary crusts dissolved down to the atomic level. But while I was being slingshot across the cosmos, shoulder-to-shoulder with a completely alien race...It struck me that it was over. The war was done. It didn't matter that we lost. Earth was gone, and so was the rest of human space.

"That was the moment when I felt truly free. Humanity was over, time to try something new. I am the last human being, and even if I now represent my whole species, there's no pressure. If we've already gone as low as possible, then anything I do to help will be an improvement.

"So I allowed myself to relax for a bit. Let myself free. It was pretty chill.

"Afterwards, I vowed to give our species another chance."

Who is the most important person in your life?

Big project: The Queen of Gosnter

Smaller project: Callback

"Stuff happened." --Something someone said at some point
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 PM View Post #1088 (Link)
Clawfire (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 13
"Myself," Miguel says, smirking. "Everyone else is too idiotic or too obsessed with perfection. I am Ignitius, there is no one better than me, myself and I. I am the only one who sticks to me anyway, everyone else is too scared."

How many times a day do you sing?
non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like
a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

stuff.
- The Doctor (David Tennant)
Old 05-23-2014, 06:55 PM View Post #1089 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

"Sing?" Victor asks, mockingly. His intense, dark grey show no emotion. "Why would I do something so stupid?"

What was your childhood like?
Old 03-14-2017, 05:03 PM View Post #1090 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
For obvious reasons, I'm going to pretend that my incredibly reserved character is attempting to be open.

Amiable: Turbulent. Da was away a lot with... well, the business and Mam really pined for him, I think, looking back. She held it together, though and, considering what happened later, I'm glad that I had her example of doing so. Growing up without them was... lonely. Siblings, wonderful as they are, can never truly take the place of parents, once you've had them.

What was/is your relationship with your grandparents like? Did you know them?