Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 02-11-2009, 02:34 AM View Post #1 (Link) freewriting
nagarjuna (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
This is called freewriting. It's not quite as sophisticated as the other exercises people have posted but I've found it to be quite helpful in freeing up my creativity and providing me with raw material to sculpt with. Most of you will be familiar with it.

Essentialy, you write (or type) as fast as possible and you DO NOT STOP. You turn off the inner editor completely; it can (and probably should) be total nonsense. Don't go back to change anything (even spelling) and don't censor yourself for things that are too nonsensical, vulgar, boring, or anything else. Just GO. Be anal expulsive. Vomit on the page.

Give yourself five minutes or whatever. Or just post anything of this nature. I'll start.

ostensibly he a donut did not remark the way a quark would remark. did he not unbelievably underununderstandably twice gogo? Therefore in the finished line we see, uniquely majestic loquaciousness provides itself providences, differing by a difference of slightly difference deference. Refer me to the doctor for my eyeballs are square. Is it, is it quite that time? The clock encircles like a yawning mandala--time is a harsh footsore. The canker of a delightfully underclocked wench in the midst of a valleywide skirt, bestoring beskopken hoboken hobgoblins. Therefore in the midst of several yellow skirtchasers, the wind and the weathervane poking and popping like ancient friends, we therefore deteriously understate our caustic cause. Believe me you, it is a wardrobe full of lies. The purple and the burgundy--verdant truths encased in bug eggs. We finish. we complete. We are the purnat purnam of a fucked-up Om. Sanskritizing analyzing criticizing and Samoan peanut sauce. this is the fruit juice of a secluded intuition. Saint Paul had it coming when the bull started roaring when the car started going when the fatass won a jew. Determinedly I follow, detrimentally I lead, going behind like a Wolfhound in heat and you can’t you can’t stop me. Going now, going, at a pace to beat a weaselfierceness. It is nosing, degressfuly gracious indeed!

As you can see, its bullshit. Hurrah!

"Let us not mince words. The marvelous is always beautiful. Anything marvelous is beautiful. In fact, only the marvelous is beautiful."
-Andre Breton

"If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn’t worship that God."
-Archbishop Desmond Tutu

"eyes open, see. eyes half open, see better. eyes shut, see best."
-Morris Cox, "Tenet for an Artist"
Old 02-11-2009, 02:50 PM View Post #2 (Link)
littledreamer! (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 2
Oh! I wanna try! here we go!
she had starlight in ther hair. she was beutiful and mysterios and then she was gone and everything was dartk. when i woke up, it seemed such a sweet dream,then the fairy was there, hovering over me I smiled and followed her into space.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 PM View Post #3 (Link)
Cadence (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
I must say, this is generally how I write. Ho hum, more work needed for me. Oh well, lets try it!
The dense forest was as pitch as the darkest night as Nabbini ran through. He could feel his pursuers hot on his heels as he ran. His ragged breahing was all he could hear, the trees around him stealing the noise. The foilage on the floor softened his footsteps, but still he could feel them, unbreathing, silently running after him. Branches pulled at his shirt, slowing him down, all the time knowing they were coming closer.
Hm, not my best
Old 02-26-2009, 09:15 PM View Post #4 (Link)
nagarjuna (Offline)
Literary Artist

I must say, you guys get rather coherent output from this. I must make a special effort to right gibberish . Plus I type faster than I think. (A problem.)

"Let us not mince words. The marvelous is always beautiful. Anything marvelous is beautiful. In fact, only the marvelous is beautiful."
-Andre Breton

-Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Old 03-17-2009, 02:55 AM View Post #5 (Link)
Splash (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Welp, I did it and came out of the mangler with this...

Fat Man With A Moustache Man wasn’t not yet of the World Duplicate Society and so he did decided to go along to a conference about dirty socks for vegetables. This is when he discoved a whole world of jellyfish in her pocket. Once at the Portugaese toilet he found a pineapple and put on his head for safe keeping. Then he was suddenly attacked by a goosse and ran of crying into his lemon meringue pie, of which he later ate in desperation.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 AM View Post #6 (Link)
S. Peppercorns (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Location: I live in Reykjavik, but I'm travelling. I miss home :(
Times Thanked: 8
it has been a long time since i habe eater a donu.i sink me teeth ointo the donut slowly, as irf i am safraid of what they taste might be, sour or sweet or terrible? iclose my eyes and let the soft glazey taste float over mey tongue and i revel in the bliss. donuts are venb better thn ti rememneber.

Wow, that was terrible. I will have to redo that sometime. I just was bored so i talked about eating a doghnut. I think it needs practise.

-Amelia Earheart

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

-James Dean

Sky Peppercorns
Old 05-17-2009, 05:11 PM View Post #7 (Link)
Jellybelly (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
I can't believe it's not butter but it is margine istead, and isn't that delicous? I love butter on my toast and as a kid I'd eat a chunk, they dog so mischeviously eating all the salmon on the floor and look straight up! the bug crawling down the wall staring at me with those big buged eyes they're huge, i say. i hate bugs they really are so gross and with those eight eyes that want to eat me up i get so squeasy my fingers hurt from tennis and golf and pe sucks and that ad says chicken recipes and it's probably delicious because all chicken is good but it is from swanson and what is biblicial hebrew? I don't understand i doubt tthese ads do any good so why do they put them up? well I guess because I'm reading them someone must pay attention and I feel like this will go on for forever the chair is hard and not very comfortable I need a drink of water. see the boy blue jumping out the window upside down and right side up and everything is great I ride the merry round and round and fall down into the drain where the rats will play.

Gee, I can't keep my mind on one topic for more than a few seconds haha.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 PM View Post #8 (Link)
nagarjuna (Offline)
Literary Artist

Originally Posted by Jellybelly View Post
Gee, I can't keep my mind on one topic for more than a few seconds haha.
Lol, did you intend to write "squeasy?" I love it.

Prompt = Random track on my iTunes. Note that I don't self-censor at all.

vivaldi the baldy with summer insatiable strings arousing sundering can't be aroused without circulation twilight is ruined! without circulation no circulation in these fucking panties five for twenty five at pink she says and I'm not thinking real hard ditz as I am when I buy these fucking extra small green fuckers with peace signs and a menacing like a grin only they're saying, we hate blood we hate blood circulating is for not beautiful people are you beautiful? mirror mirror on the wall lie to me like the skunk you are. Very harmonious nary a moanious sundrious sunny desensitized string section is going all repetitive now like snow in the summer month, or air in a suffocated lung. The chauffeur is like what the fuck are you doing here? What are you doing in my pants, bert and ernie? Tuck away, fellas. Tuck, tuck! Nip and suck. Fuck and ruck the wondershucks of did you know that women didn't start shaving their legs until early this last century? Sonza sinatra lotsa gotcha didn't I?

-Andre Breton

-Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 AM View Post #9 (Link)
electrilad (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 7
She walked down the hallways her long hair flowing like waterflalls , like diarhhea, cause diarhhea flows like a river like pochontas my friend rachel shes not like pocahontas at all because shes all drummer and I IS GONNA F**CK YOU UP and stuff. Her face was really pretty like white white as snow but not snow white because nsow white was this weirdo schizo cleaning ocd person with little sdwarves and talked to naimals and died from food poisoning ouch sucks to be her. Her eyes are like 2 pools of delicious green chocolate because there arent any good food that are green except for vegetables, but whose gonna comepare her eyes to kale and broccoli?, whoever would say that to a girl would get his hair ripped out pulling the scalp out and it would be so painful because of broccoli-eyes.

Well, that was my attempt of describing a beautiful girl
Old 06-03-2009, 12:20 PM View Post #10 (Link)
shakespeare (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Sounds fun!
Here I go!

I was running. Running faster than I ever have before in my life. I saw the figure ahead of me. Tall, slender, dark hair bouncing up and down on the back of his head. I wanted to beat him. This was a race! I HAD to beat him! I HATED him! I was starting to run out of breath and I had a cramp in my side, but I kept going and going. I started pulling ahead of the figure and I looked back and saw the aghast expression on his face. I started running faster, each step more of a challenge, but I did it. I beat him

All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
-As you like it

O time! Thou must untangle this, not I, it it too hard a knot for me t'untie."
-Twelfth Night

Goodnight, goodnight. Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say goodnight, till it be morrow.
-Romeo and Juliet