Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 PM View Post #11 (Link)
Diocletian (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 15
and impossible
I said and the fire verses of Virgil vernacular
followed us (me I) into the dawn(ing
comprehension that there was something upon
the pawn of a marble chessboard - slippery and waxed).

and impossible
I said and found myself sad at the foot of a king nestled forth
with his queen -
forgot the misnomer -
a king
with his
queen
on that stony board that I was slipped on because you see,
it was a mildew surface wet by our tears

and possibly
a bishop lumbered forth and tried to give me Rites
but I was
right and denied his writing in red pen I thought it was blood
and sick of blood I am and tame as gold I am except
when on a slick slab of squares and rocks.

finally I found a pawn and fired away into a kiln into its center,
because it was hollow
and started to burn and he started to scream and squirmed like a rabbit
caught in a steely grating trap.

and the rest of the pieces followed, the hollow knights with their
sallow breath, the hordes of rooks hoarding stores of crooks
between battlements,

I lay on the liquid floor of the chessboard and floated
away and thought it was possible.

---------

EDIT: And yes, I realize this makes no sense whatsoever...as it shouldn't, right?

Last edited by Diocletian; 06-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:15 PM View Post #12 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
Hmmm...this should be a rather interesting challenge for me, seeing as I tend to edit as I write. Leeeet's see...

The rain dripped dripped dripped onto the pavement, like the sound of tinkling chimes. No sound apart from that reverberated through the still lonely corridor, long-forgotten by all but its own lonely ghosts. It had been years since that hall had seen anything even resembling a human - students that had once filled its corridors, beckoning, shouting and laughing, filling the vacant space with livliness and excitement. But the children had grown, mad themselves into parents, lived responsibly and boringly through a life sucked hollow and then had come to their inevitable deaths in the borish homes that surrounded their communities.
The hall had sat and sat. It seemed like millenia had passed for that place - unchanged, lonely and solitary a place as it was, it longed for those little voices again - the shouting, the excitement. And so, in its extreme age, the hall waited to live once more.

How's that? *eekish!*
Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM View Post #13 (Link)
Midsummernightsdream (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 10
The world turns my jheart beats i don't know how the world workd buti hope that i can help tio change the the how doe sthe fight end when it begins with and ending i love jivberrish it is fun to write saif the happy llamea i think money should be shared more often why is there a god if he can't seem to help us now global warming this is random ok stopping.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM View Post #14 (Link)
Iridescence (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 120
I couldn't feel anything at all but my own heart beat thump thump thump thump like a river pounding against the bank no not a river more like an ocean with waves and sand and fishies and all you can hear is the whoosh of the birds and they are cawing and the sound is so fricking annoying but you cant shut it out, cant shut it out and its just like a heartbeat cause both of them wont stop and all you hear is the pulse of blood like a stream like a crook like a brook and oh my god crook and brook rhyme just like beat and feet rhyme and the heart beats blood into the feet and crooks and brookes and streams or is it creeks and I dunno whatever the hell im typing and its just a heart beat thump thump thump thump.

Damn, that was the shittiest thing ever.

SIT UP STRAIGHT BITCH. GOOD POSTURE AIN'T A JOKE.

Chat Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:
[Wolfie] You gotta be shitting, me woman.
[Dabs] Everyone uses ellipses so much in this chat.
[Lykaios] lolol my life is an elipsis

Carr's Words of Wisdom

Spoiler:
fuck college read grrm
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 PM View Post #15 (Link)
Fiction (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 13
I was terrible at acting, so I could not live. they made me jump and cut and moan and pretend i liked to endure torture. that was acting training, like a mean phase of schooling where they make you do sums and all of that until you are ready to strangle the nearest christmas caroler for hurting your ears. like a little baby, i tried to make myself noticed by screaming all the time, but that did not work. they put tape and rope in my mouth and made me act. i had to play lady macbeth for their play. it was a hateful part because the crimson blood they sprinkled on my hands made me vomit over and over and over again.

An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise.
Victor Hugo
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM View Post #16 (Link)
Iridescence (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 120
it has eyes like spring pools like moons in the sky silvery gray and lavender and dark blue and all the colors of the darkness and you see it staring at you but you cant look away cant look away and you feel it drawing you in and it wont let you go and you cry please god don't let it take me and the thing says there is no escape come into me and i will take you and you say please please spare me and its eyes are like fire and it says dont be afraid i wont hurt you. i am the first last and final truth. i am knowledge and all the wisdom in the universe and if you come into me your eyes will be truly opened and you gasp what are you and the thing says i am you.

SIT UP STRAIGHT BITCH. GOOD POSTURE AIN'T A JOKE.

Chat Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:
[Wolfie] You gotta be shitting, me woman.
[Dabs] Everyone uses ellipses so much in this chat.
[Lykaios] lolol my life is an elipsis

Carr's Words of Wisdom

Spoiler:
fuck college read grrm
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM View Post #17 (Link)
Jack (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 114
This should be interesting.

With little more than a nudge the grand double doors slipped open to reveal a raging battle. Somke marked the battlefield and the cropses of hundreds of armoured soldiers scattered the ssandy ground. Without a secodn though HE RAN THROUGH THE DOORS, DODGING BULLETS AND FLYUING SHRAPNEL AS HE DID SO TO REACH THE OTHER SIDE.

Yes, I hit caps lock by accident cuz I was typing to fast
Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 AM View Post #18 (Link)
nagarjuna (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 20
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
I was terrible at acting, so I could not live. they made me jump and cut and moan and pretend i liked to endure torture. that was acting training, like a mean phase of schooling where they make you do sums and all of that until you are ready to strangle the nearest christmas caroler for hurting your ears. like a little baby, i tried to make myself noticed by screaming all the time, but that did not work. they put tape and rope in my mouth and made me act. i had to play lady macbeth for their play. it was a hateful part because the crimson blood they sprinkled on my hands made me vomit over and over and over again.
I love how your sick, twisted mind works.

"Let us not mince words. The marvelous is always beautiful. Anything marvelous is beautiful. In fact, only the marvelous is beautiful."
-Andre Breton

"If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn’t worship that God."
-Archbishop Desmond Tutu

"eyes open, see. eyes half open, see better. eyes shut, see best."
-Morris Cox, "Tenet for an Artist"
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM View Post #19 (Link)
miss_smiley (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Location: Not sure... but it's dark and hot and smells of...burning...
Times Thanked: 33
It was like something broke inside me.
His arms, like life-preservers, wrapped so tenderly about me, like I could break at any moment, so precious and fine. The tears came like soft rain, falling on the terrain of my face like so much life. This, this was life. For the first time in what seemed a millino years, I felt...alive.
Free of any kind of pain.
The torrent of misguided anxiety scrabbled out of my head, a great sigh filling my whole body.
This was what I had needed.
Just a simple...hug.
Some sign of sffection, that I was needed. Loved. It wasn't so much that I was needed, even. It wsa that for that one wmoment, someone wanted me nore than the next person.
That's all.
Something...just broke.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:28 PM View Post #20 (Link)
lango (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 28
Thomas looked ahead. There were hundreds of soldiers on his way. His only task was to get past some of them and pull the lever. Even if he died, his job was to pull that lever. And die he would, he was sure of it, there was no way a mortal man could hope to live. But he wasn't a mortal, that was his main advantage. The problem is, even with all his powers, he couldnt surpass so many enemies. Ten or twenty? Maybe. But it was too late now. He had volunteered for the task, alone. His friends depended on him. If he could not pull the lever, they wouldnt be able to cross the gate and they would all be massacred on the outskirts of the castle. Thomas ran forward, unsheating his sword, uttering an ear-piercing cry!

The first two soldiers died before they understood what was going on. He uncerimoniously ripped the neck of a third soldier, and parried the lance of a fourth, who had jumped off his horse to thrust at him. Thomas had survived the blow, but parrying it had killed his momentumn, and now the enemies were gathering around him. He stabbed, blocked and parried efficiently, but all the time he was pushed back, and all the time the enemies circled him more and more.
"So this is how dieing feels like" he thought to himself. He felt odd. There was no real fear in him. Just a bit of... expectation. He couldn't explain it, but it felt like all his life, he had lived for that very moment. The moment he had to fight for his life, and die trying. But he was going to do a hell of a great job, because his friends needed him.
A loud explosion in the distance made him fall back, but luckily the nemies had been startled too. A tall, ferocious blonde soldier ignored the explosion though, and ran at Thomas with his spear. But he never reached Thomas, as an arrow pierced his stomach and stole the life from his body. He was dead before he hit the ground. Dozens of such arrows flew towards the enemy, each and everyone seemed to hit their marks.
"The elves!" Thomas exclaimed happily, lifting to his feet. The elves had come to save him.
"YOU SHALL NOT KILL THOMAS!" shouted the elf-leader.
Thomas smiled.
"I'M THE ONE WHO WILL KILL HIM, FOR DEFLOWERING MY DAUGHTER!"
Thomas weeped.

hahahhahahaha this was actually pretty fun to write.
I have to say though, I cheated almost every time I wrote Thomas, because for some reason, I kept writing it without a capital first letter.

edit: WHOA, I actually wrote a LOT lol... and it actually makes some sense. I like this!

2013 is the end of you idiots saying 2012 is the end.