Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 08-26-2009, 03:18 AM View Post #21 (Link)
Midsummernightsdream (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 10
"Why the fucking hell are we doing this again?" whispered Malcolm furiously, staring at Darthvader Dean, livid..
"Because. We get payed fifteen dollars an hour." retorted Dean.
"Who is paying us, again, Dean?" snapped Malcolm.
"The Lucky Huggers Corporation of the theme park. We are stationed at every gate to the park." he laughed.
"No. For Christ's sake, Dean, here comes another group of kids." Malcolm mumbled.
The two boys endured the hugging of five over-excited tots waiting to walk down the slope to the amusement park. http://c0170361.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...831b7eb1_p.jpg
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 PM View Post #22 (Link)
Banana (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
This is supposed to be a little silly and unrealistic, so bare with me.

It was a terrible accident, was the town's overall consensus. No one would intentionally act out such an atrocity in a sleepy place like that. Those types of crimes only took place in the big city.
Of course, poor Shelly Snider disagreed, but anything she said couldn't be taken too seriously. After all, she had just suffered a most gruesome trauma. And it wasn't exactly a secret that she wasn't right in the head.
"I told you. Someone came up from behind me while I was in some field," Shelly said to the chief of police for what felt like the millionth time. "Then I blacked out, and when I woke up, a bit of my body, my arm, and a lock of hair was missing!"
The chief stroked his thick moustache. "I see. Then why didn't you bring those parts back with ya?"
"Because it was too heavy! Look, I can take you to the place if you would just—"
The chief put up a hand to cut her off. "Look Shelly, I ain't gonna lie, that sounds like a load o' hooey."
Shelly scowled. "I can take you there! I was in a field about a couple of hours away on foot. The snow isn't as deep there, it makes it easier to walk, and it's lined with trees and the long yellow grass pokes through the snow. My body should still be in a green jacket, so if we hurry, it won't have frozen yet!"
Shelly still couldn't believe the situation she had gotten herself into. She should have known better! Walking around a field by herself— that's practically screaming for trouble. She had heard of getting disassembled before, but she just didn't think it would happen to her. If only she had paid better attention to her mother's warnings...

"Give a man fire, and he shall be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he shall be warm for the rest of his life. Give a man a fire suit and he's SMOKIN'."

"If it makes you laugh, punch it in the face and laugh harder."
Old 12-29-2009, 03:07 AM View Post #23 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 126
"You're not listening, Jacobs!" said the CEO.
"I am, sir! I am!"
"What did I just say?"
Jacobs shifted in his chair. He looked beside him at Perlman and silently wished he would help him out.
He didn't.
"Goddammit, Jacobs! You never listen! This is becoming an issue for us. And when you become an issue for the biggest company in North America, everyone looks bad. Do you think we like looking bad? Perlman, do you like looking bad?"
Perlman shook his head frantically, his eyes bulging out of his head. "No, sir!"
"See, Jacobs? He doesn't like it. I don't like it. The company doesn't like it."
Jacobs looked down at his cell phone and grinned.
"Jacobs, for the love of Jesus fucking Christ!" the CEO roared.
Jacobs looked up.
Perlman held his breath.
"Sorry, sir," Jacobs whimpered.
"Oh, you'll be sorry alright. When I eject your ass into outer fucking space!"
Without a moments notice the CEO reached forward and pushed the corresponding button on his desk.
There was a beep.
Then a flash.
Then Kevin Jacobs knew no more.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 PM View Post #24 (Link)
LovyTory (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
"You know I think you are ugly!"
"Roarr!!!!!!" The bear gave out a terrifying roar and Amelia stepped back. Her anger had her in rage.
And then. But then.. she started to laugh.
"Hahahaa! I was joking my dear, sweet pet, do you really think I would want to get rid of you?"
The bear had calmed down to a bare silence.
Amelia had another impulse.
"Well.. to be honest, I am not a nice person."
You could hear a silent moan from the bear.
"And I do not like you eating all of my food."
You could hear another silent moan from the bear."
"So I shall get rid of you." Amelia had decided the bear's fate. You could see in its face: the disappointment he felt for her until he bit off her legs, limb by limb, tearing her apart until blood could no longer flow through her fragile body.

New Picture:
http://www.funnypicturefunnyphoto.co...action-pic.jpg

Well.. I guess you live..
1. For the person you love
2. To see the future
3. To be a vampire :p

Old 06-05-2010, 02:45 AM View Post #25 (Link)
Angelique (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 0
Jacob screamed.

His mother had spent the night with her newest boyfriend, Drake. He had drugged his mother and beat her violently with a bat he had found in the kid's room. Being only six did not make Jacob ignorant of his surroundings. The moment Drake slugged his mom, he ran towards him and grabbed his leg to sink his teeth. Angered, the new so-called "love interest" scooped him up from his hips and walked towards the bathroom. He pushed him down towards the toilet and locked the boy in total darkness.

Darkness.

That's where he was. Pure darkness, no help, alone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nabilkannan/2197129888/
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM View Post #26 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Ming and Sui stared at the photographer taking snapshots of them and wondered what they had done to warrant attention from an outsider.
Ming, the eldest brother in his family heard stories of white men coming and taking pictures of trivial things for other white men to look at and learn from.

Ming didn't fully understand it, but he knew that the white men were harmless.
His little brother Sui did not.
"Ming...lets go back. This white man is scaring me," he whispered.
Ming looked at his brother and shook his head.
Sui frowned and glanced into the water below. A large shadow passed under their boat. He looked at the white man in the boat a few yards away.
He didn't notice the shape below the water.

Thinking fast, Sui grabbed one of the fish he and his brother had caught for dinner and tossed it into the water.
The white man was stunned by the sudden movement and took more pictures, eagerly snapping away at his camera.
"Sui! What are you doing? That was our dinner! Father will not be pleased!" Ming scolded.
A loud roar filled the air, like a foghorn on a cold, misty night.
The white man's boat flipped over and its occupant went into the warm water with it.

The water was restless for a spell, waves and splashes frolicked the surface. Whatever was causing the turbulence was either very large or very angry.
Suddenly, the white man's head shot out from the water followed by a blood curdling scream.
Ming and Sui's eyes went wide as the beast in the river pounced from below and dragged the helpless white man down into the murky water below.

Last edited by Zombified; 07-09-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:29 AM View Post #27 (Link)
_sam12 (Offline)
Novice Writer

"I could see the thirst for my blood in her eyes. I know that she is gonna tear me into pieces in no time. Not even in my dreams I thought I am going to end up this way. All those family budgets for our summer trip and official pressures doesn't seem to be a big problem after all" as his mind blabbered things in fear, jack took one step back.

She roared, like a thousands of thunders altogether. " I never thought I am gonna end up this way. This is it. The very last minute or maybe last second of my life. Oh dear God! Please do take care of my family.Sara I will miss you. I am really sorry for my brutal behaviour these days. You should marry someone who deserves you. I will miss you Katie and Tom! You are the best gifts God ever gave to me. " he cried in a low voice.

Suddenly Jack heard a sound of bullet being shot near him. She gave Jack a look like "MISSED!" and ran into the woods as fast as she could.

Last edited by _sam12; 05-16-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM View Post #28 (Link)
Zombified (Offline)
Freelance Writer

So glad someone has finally posted in here! I love this thread. If nobody else writes a description, I will.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:37 AM View Post #29 (Link)
_sam12 (Offline)
Novice Writer

Originally Posted by Zombified View Post
So glad someone has finally posted in here! I love this thread. If nobody else writes a description, I will.
waiting for your post....
Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 AM View Post #30 (Link)
DragonBear3-2NJ (Offline)
Novice Writer

I'll pick up,

Laying eyes on her for the first time, he admired how the light form the open door shimmered in her brown eyes as she peeked over the rim of her crib. Her red hair was in pigtails held together with pink ribbon to match her little dress. "Only two years old and a fashionista already" he mused to himself. He set his gear bag down and walked over to his daughters cherry oak crib. "Hi sweetie, I know you don't know who I am yet, but Im your father" he whispered lovingly. His wife leaned against the door frame admiring his crisp uniform as he held is daughter for the first time.

this outta be (Had to put a space in the http to be able to post it)
ht tp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WAA_H_rNEX0/SG4tmgwBiVI/AAAAAAAAAf4/R46YF_WwZe0/s400/Speed_Trap.jpg