Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM View Post #1 (Link) This is an absolute, 100% emergency
BurningGrace (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 19
Okay guys, here's the deal. My college apps are due soon, including the essays. The only people I trust to critique my work are you guys, so I was hoping you could help me out. I really need someone to help me with essays (or at least give me tips on how to form them in a clear and organized fashion). Tips, advice, whatever. I really hope you help.

Because I need help.

Badly.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM View Post #2 (Link)
Isis (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 355
When is the due date, and how soon do you need the crits? I have a busy next few days but I should have some time Thursday, Friday, and over the weekend to take a look at any essays. And I'd be happy to look at whatever if that works for your time frame.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 PM View Post #3 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
BurningGrace (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Thank goodness. I'd like to get one application in by December 1st for a particular school I have in mind, but I only have one essay to submit for that school so it wouldn't be a lot of work. The other application is due December 15th. Thursday would be great, and Friday is good too. It's fine if you aren't able to, I just have a lot of faith in this community xD Like I said, right now I just need one critique on an essay.

I have the skeleton of the essay done, I just have a hard time seeing what I need to work on, besides organization/ideas and wording. My essay is about why I wanted (and want) to be a writer. As far as requirements, I'm submitting it under "topic of [my] choice" and there's a 250-500 word limit.

EDIT: two essays, but one is short because of a character limit.

Thank you soooo much.

Last edited by BurningGrace; 11-27-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM View Post #4 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
I'd be willing to take a look. Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on essay-writing. But I can at least give you a general idea of what I think about it. Feel free to send it to me now, if you'd like. I'll try and have it back ASAP

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 AM View Post #5 (Link) This post is a reply - don't critique it
BurningGrace (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Originally Posted by Infinity_Man View Post
I'd be willing to take a look. Disclaimer: I'm not an expert on essay-writing. But I can at least give you a general idea of what I think about it. Feel free to send it to me now, if you'd like. I'll try and have it back ASAP
Thank you so much for helping. Like I said, I feel I have the skeleton down, just not the meat, and that's something I really struggle with when it comes to essays. I'll PM you shortly with one of the two essays. Thanks again.