Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM View Post #51 (Link)
sleepymick (Offline)
Novice Writer

Times Thanked: 2
I suppose this may not be relevant directly to the current conversation, but I read the first three pages and got a tad angry. Specifically "people can choose people to be homosexual if they want to".

Why, in this vast universe, would I choose, of my own accord, to be marginalised, to be discriminated against, to have to have the really painful transition of 'finding myself' etc? If I had the choice I'd be heterosexual and frankly there is no argument.

'gay if they want to' - my blood boils..
sorry that was my irrelevant input

Old 03-20-2014, 03:03 PM View Post #52 (Link)
gabyisthebest (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 0
A government is supposed to protect the rights of all its citizens not just the ones it agrees with. Any way all this crap about gayness "tearing apart the fabric of society" is absolute bull. Although I totally agree with the right to free speech, there is a blurred line between your rights and the rights of others to live their lives in peace without fears of retribution. We have to keep an open mind, and although I respect religion, a FAIR government can't legislate religion. A government has to keep its head out of private affairs. A government saying to some of its citizens, You are equal but you can't get married is ridiculous. Please think about this. And hand-holding is not propaganda, it's love.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:48 PM View Post #53 (Link)
Dabs (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 151
I think all that needed to be said has been said. No point in beating a dead horse, so Imma close this thread.

Closed Thread