Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 PM View Post #21 (Link)
Rachael (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 35
So I suppose the point would be not to judge a whole group by a couple of individuals or sub-groups. Don't be racist. That's how bad things in the world happen.
I am not judging people by what kind of music that they listen to, even though it is possible to tell who somebody is by something as simple as what kind of music they listen to, but that is not what I am doing here. And I am not being racist, by simply stating my thoughts about music. Racism has nothing to do with music. Are you saying that because I said that I didn't care for Beyonce. Thats like saying I don't care for anybody who is not Beyonce. It is alright to not care for a certian kind of music, but you are not being racist by doing so, unless you flat out say something about hating a certain kind of race, or ethnicity. Just saying what I think about a certian kind of music that's all. I found this debate very challenging, but all is well.

Christianity

Soundcloud!

Google Plus

YouTube

Poetess Hannah Hebditch!!

Stumbling and falling is better than crawling ~ Rachael
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM View Post #22 (Link)
ThatPsycho (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 3
I really like death metal, especially melodic death metal, and some other types of metal. My favourite is probably black metal, though.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 PM View Post #23 (Link)
Demon Hunter (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 28
Since everyone here seems to be giving their IMO's, why not?

i hated screamo stuff. in fact, i still do, mostly, just cause it seemed that someone was having a heart attack and made a song out of it. but i have one (one) screamo song on my laptop that i listen to occasionally, and my prejudice towards that genre/set of sugenres has lessened.

Fact, though: They did an experiment with 2 rose plants. They played screamo in front of one and symphony/classics in front of the other. The screamo one withered. I dont exactly know if the symphony one enhanced the rose's growth so i won't say so.

I will crit upon request, but... Acknowledge: Though my punches may be soft, i will not pull any.

Professional Artist. Musician. Singer. Downhiller. Magician. No, I'm not a grown up yet, but I would give it all to be able to write the way I want to.

A Quick Reality Check
How to write Cliche Fantasy
ELEMENTAL: Characters.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 PM View Post #24 (Link)
Jack (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 114
i look for certain things in a song and i'm a massive fan of melodic pop so as can be expected this genre does very little for me. i can see what people would get out of it though