Store
Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM View Post #21 (Link)
Artmis (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 12
I perfer typing my writing. It gives me a little bit of pride ( don't ask me how) when I'm typing, plus it's just easier and I'm faster at typing than writing stuff phyicaly down.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM View Post #22 (Link)
GoodGracious (Offline)
Literary Artist

Times Thanked: 35
I prefer typing because it's so much easier to edit and change and mess around with, but I do find if I'm stuck with something doing it by hand can help loosen up my mind. I think because it feels a bit less official.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM View Post #23 (Link)
janyan (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 0
i think typing is better than hand writing but i prefer handwriting but i don't think it take less time than handwriting
but i prefer typing because my handwriting suck
Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 PM View Post #24 (Link)
Jack (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 114
Originally Posted by janyan View Post
i think typing is better than hand writing but i prefer handwriting but i don't think it take less time than handwriting
but i prefer typing because my handwriting suck
but?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 AM View Post #25 (Link)
mumfordeaux (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 0
I prefer to type. I can get my ideas down quickly, since I type much faster than I can write, and this way I don't forget what I'd like to add later on. Also, it's less of a hassle when I want to go back and edit something. And I hold pencils weirdly, so it hurts my hand to write longer things out on paper.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 AM View Post #26 (Link)
Rhozyna (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 8
I prefer to write than to type. I type okay, but still i prefer to to write because i do that much faster and the ideas come real quick.
Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
- Ernest Hemingway.

My stories run up and bite me on the leg - I respond by writing down everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go and runs off. -E.H
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 AM View Post #27 (Link)
Resnova (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 5
I like to hand write but I only do that when I don't have access to a computer, other wise I type.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 AM View Post #28 (Link)
Infinity_Man (Offline)
Freelance Writer

Times Thanked: 240
I feel like I'd also find hand-writing would improve my writing because it's slower and you need to put more thought into it, but I've also definitely been on super-auto-pilot mode when hand-writing essays on exams, so I know I can rush it just as much as typing...

But overall typing is the way I go always. It's just easier, really. There's an infinite amount of paper to work with, my speed at typing is much better than my terrible terrible handwriting -- which is so inelligible that I can't even read it sometimes. It's easier to edit. Etc. etc.

Pro-tip: because my first instinct is to procrastinate anything I see as an obligation or responsibility, asking me for a critique is a good way to make sure I never give you a critique.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 PM View Post #29 (Link)
Sky (Offline)
Idea Scribe

Times Thanked: 7
I prefer handwriting to typing. My notepad is much more portable than my laptop and I can pull it out if I get any sudden ideas.
Though the main reason I like to handwrite is because it feels more relaxed to me. I'm far away from video games, the internet, and skype so I can focus a lot easier. I feel good being away from my computer, which has caused me lots of problems with school in the past. It used to consume large amounts of my time. Writing on paper feels authentic and innocent, a more pure way to get ideas down.
I have always loved to write and draw in notebooks, I take one almost everywhere. To me the pure feeling is worth the difficulty editing and the slower speed.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 AM View Post #30 (Link)
Cast Away (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 1
Originally Posted by Rhozyna View Post
I prefer to write than to type. I type okay, but still i prefer to to write because i do that much faster and the ideas come real quick.
I like typing my final draft of something, but I can only type 'okay' too and if I'm thinkin somethin its much faster to scrawl it on paper.

"Life's not about the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away..."