Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM View Post #41 (Link)
huntsman (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 2
No more WAR in writing forum....plz

Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 PM View Post #42 (Link)
Lizzie (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 41
Note the section. Recreation Centre doesn't have to be about writing, and it's about debating. Think before you post in a forum you've only just joined. If you're uncomfortable with the topic then don't read it.

Critiques upon request.

Twins with Lykaios.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM View Post #43 (Link)
huntsman (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

War is disappointing.. devastating..immortal... Politicians made this bloody human killing situation... think about "Hiroshima" "Afghanistan" "Syria"... need more example...

Old 09-15-2013, 05:10 PM View Post #44 (Link)
Valkyrie (Offline)
Literary Newbie

Times Thanked: 5
Syria might cause another war, but they have little power.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:13 PM View Post #45 (Link)
Ransom Rhymer (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

Times Thanked: 3
Syria has no chance of being a full-on WWIII type thing as nobody gives a shit, chemical weapons not =/= nuclear weapons.

WWIII won't be about genocide, unless it's in Europe (the years since the war have shown that the west only sees genocide as a moral issue when it's committed against people in a western country or Eurasian country that's a bit too close for comfort, it's perfectly fine for the west to commit genocide though).

It'll be a nuclear war which significantly narrows the countries down to countries with a nuclear arms program; United States, Russia, United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, and states which are probably developing nukes (Iran and Syria).

The likelihood is that for a WWIII to happen it would be necessary for the countries to have a lot of allies which makes America v China a pretty good bet, a lot of Asian countries and possibly North African countries sensing revenge would side with China whilst a lot of Eurasian countries would side with America, the war would be fairly prolonged as both sides try not to use nukes for fear of deeper repercussions, Russia would potentially be brought in as peace-keeper further pro-longing the war and the war would be over something like cyber-crime based in the opposing countries or potentially a NATO type attempt to uphold freedom in one of China's illegally occupied territories like Tibet.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:34 PM View Post #46 (Link)
2sh4r (Offline)
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 21
Ukraine situation right now. Anyone following it?

US is holding sanctions against Russia. According to some papers, Putin is increasing forces in Crimea (a part of Ukraine Russia recently (kind of) took over), even after they seceded, and even after the Ukrainian military backed away.

World War III? Cold War II?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26787709

Also, Albert Einstein's quote: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought...

...but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Last edited by 2sh4r; 03-28-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 AM View Post #47 (Link)
Georgy (Offline)
Scholarly Apprentice

Times Thanked: 88
Well, to tell the truth, many people in Russia are now thinking about what Putin and his government clique will do with respect to Ukraine (especially eastern)
We are afraid that Putin is going to bring in troops. It's very dangerous for people to go out to the streets to express their protest because of the risk of being arrested and secluded in jail. It's very dangerous thing even to publicly condemn the policies of Putin. For disagreeing with the policies of Putin people can be fired and persecuted and even confined in clink.
Nazists openly talking over the radio that the time came to reopen the "Alaska question." They say " The tzar was fooled about Alaska, why should we put up with this." There are clinking of arms and beating drums all around Russia. Here and there one can see Putin's propagandists, who infuriate and agitate the scum, fascist idiots, stupid angry mobs.
However, USA can win the war without using nuclear weapons. When America will be able to supply gas to Europe in full volume - Russia come to collapse, being deprived of fifty percent of its budget.
As for me, it's a good chance for me to get rid of binge eating and begin a hungry diet, which I've been longing for for a long time.
Dabs
"I believe we stand together to address the real issues facing this country, not allow them to divide us by race or where we come from. Let's create an America that works for all of us, not the handful on top." Senator B.Sanders

Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 PM View Post #48 (Link)
christos200 (Offline)
Abstract Thinker

WWIII is kinda impossible because of the existence of nukes. No nation will want to risk a nuclear war.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM View Post #49 (Link)
Wig (Offline)
Aspiring Author

Times Thanked: 102
Can we stop posting in this? It's been over a year and a half and no one has anything new to say.

Locked.

Last edited by Wig; 04-11-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread